October 03, 2026, 03:52:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sportsmix deal Cleveland, Tx.  (Read 3426 times)
Mike
Administrator
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 10276



View Profile WWW
« on: August 17, 2016, 07:09:42 pm »

Cward went into the feed business a little while back and has a helluva deal going on Sportsmix right now.

Logged

Jmesonp1
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 472



View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 06:33:07 am »

How much do you pay regularly for that 55 lb bag?
Logged
Mike
Administrator
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 10276



View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 06:50:40 am »

I started getting it from Chance last month for $28.50 when he first opened. Travis and I were paying $30 a bag the past few years, but had to buy 20 bags at a time.

The feedstore I used in town for many years sells it for $34 a bag... it was $12 when I first started using it haha!
Logged

Jmesonp1
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 472



View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 07:27:13 am »

Yeah, good quality feed was $8.50 for a 40 lb bag when I first started hunting. I ordered some sport mix the other day from feed mill here. I have to give $33.75 a bag  with a 10 bag minimum to get it. $0.61 a lb is still quite a bit cheaper than what I was paying.
Logged
justincorbell
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
**********
Offline Offline

Posts: 6361



View Profile
Re:
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 04:18:47 pm »

Yep, hell of a deal. We pay 32$ a bag down here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Logged

"stupids in the water these days, they're gonna drink it anyway." - Chris Knight
Boss Hoggin Outlaw
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 269


335 lb. barr hog


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 12:09:17 am »

I usually buy 2 bags everytime I go to the feed store and it costs me 59 even for 2 black bags &I get a free bag after the 8th bag


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Logged

He who kneels before God can stand before any man.
jdt
Hog Catching Machine
********
Offline Offline

Posts: 2109



View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 07:25:30 pm »

i get it at tractor supply for 24.99 either 24/20 or 26/18 . i wonder what the difference is ?
Logged
Reuben
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
**********
Offline Offline

Posts: 9507


View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 09:06:00 pm »

I pay 24.99 for the 24/20 at tsc as well but it is in 40# bags
Logged

Training dogs is not about quantity, it's more about timing, the right situations, and proper guidance...After that it's up to the dog...
A hunting dog is born not made...
Freedom-Fighter00
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 245



View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 09:22:21 am »

I pay 29.00 for the High Energy Sportmix.24/20. That's there everyday price. 55 pound bag. Cannons Feed and supply on 321.
Logged
parker49
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 672


View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 07:04:58 am »

I paid  27 for 50 pound bags for  diamond high energy 24/20 yesterday at tractor supply it runs between 27 to 29 a bag but ... I can feed every other day and my dogs will get to fat in the pens on that ....I have  not been able to beat it ... my son was  feeding sportemix and went back to diamond I didn't ask him why might be cause he can bum some off me  hahaha but has anyone tried the two and compared ....I have tried  other feeds  and  come back to diamond for the money dogs look good and all the boys that hunt with me  is feeding diamond  now and I didn't try and push it on them ... i'll feed whatever does the best for me .....
Logged
parker49
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 672


View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 07:14:42 am »

I got one more thing to say on feeds ....  ever notice some bags have  more volume of feed than others   but both say  50 pounds or whatever the poundage suppose to be ? ..  also the feed is darker colored or lighter colored depending on where its milled same feed .....some of these feeds is milled by different mills .....the tractor supply feed seems to be a better diamond feed than at some of the local feed stores ....darker and fresher looking I believe its the different  mills they getting  it sent from ..... anyone else notice this in feeds ?
Logged
justincorbell
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
**********
Offline Offline

Posts: 6361



View Profile
Re:
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 10:03:10 pm »

I used to feed diamond mr. Parker, most of my dogs did great on it but a couple of my older dogs just didnt seem to have that extra go when I was feeding it. When i switched to sportsmix it was literally like my oldest dog caught another gear, he could go harder longer and faster than before. It was such a difference that other folks hunting with me noticed how much he improved, ive been feeding sportsmix ever since. It isnt cheap but it keeps my dogs in good working shape.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Logged

"stupids in the water these days, they're gonna drink it anyway." - Chris Knight
parker49
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 672


View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 11:09:03 pm »

I'm gonna try it .....
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!