March 28, 2024, 09:01:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going in a new direction  (Read 1202 times)
Justified
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2016, 07:02:24 pm »

After years of shredded dogs rushing to cover 900yds to a caught hog over and over, I decided to go to Bulldogs instead of rcds. Sold everything other my max dog, his son, my 8month old whetto pup, and a year old pit I've raised from a pup. I bought a young dogo/bulldog that had seen a few and that's been my pack . Well, I've had my handful to stay the least especially hunting solo a lot. The last couple weeks the young dogs have really turned it up. Anyways, here's 4 of the 5 I have left....hope to add a big leggy gyp into the pack when I find one

Max and the bulldog

Whetto

Max's son

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CHRIS H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 08:28:55 pm »

So your going to hog dogs that will find them and bay un till you get there with a catch dog .. Correct ? 

Because finder holders get cut up more often ., right due to  travel time to get through thick  cover or if you get on more then one hog at the same time and it's just you hunting

Good lookin dogs
I like that max and Max son dog

Justified
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 08:58:44 pm »

Correct. I used to run my running catch dogs with my strike and they would end up catching hogs where they found them, whether it was 200yds or 1/2mile.  It works good in grain but up in the hill country or on the river it would put me and my dogs in a bind, especially if they're caught for a long time. I've had success with one or two finder/holder types because the have space to spin with the hog. In a pack or thick brush my they end up worn out and piled on the head.

Thanks, I hope to find a gyp to breed to max in the near future

parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 09:00:23 pm »

good looking dogs ....that black dog in back of the truck looks  like littermates  to some of my dogs ....
Justified
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 10:32:10 pm »

How are they bred? I'd love to find a black gyp built like him

parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 06:10:09 am »

just some  curs  I been breeding  for  years ....... most all mine look like  that dog 
hyan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 08:14:26 am »

So your going to hog dogs that will find them and bay un till you get there with a catch dog .. Correct ? 

Because finder holders get cut up more often ., right due to  travel time to get through thick  cover or if you get on more then one hog at the same time and it's just you hunting

Good lookin dogs
It depend on the type if there true finder holds that don't let go no matter wat they don't get cut up to much the only time our dogs got cut was in a pasture because they could move around the hog in the mountains they would hold ear next to the pig body next to each other so they wouldn't get cut one holder on each ear and before we had tracking systems we ran a really lose baying dog that would never catch so the two big dogs would hold n one dog would bay so we could find them  :Smiley

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

MAUKA 2 MAKAI
CHRIS H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 09:01:58 am »

Good lookin dogs
It depend on the type if there true finder holds that don't let go no matter wat they don't get cut up to much the only time our dogs got cut was in a pasture because they could move around the hog in the mountains they would hold ear next to the pig body next to each other so they wouldn't get cut one holder on each ear and before we had tracking systems we ran a really lose baying dog that would never catch so the two big dogs would hold n one dog would bay so we could find them  :Smiley

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Pretty cool , I might have to go visit my family in Hawaii one day . I like the videos of it
CHRIS H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 09:02:36 am »

just some  curs  I been breeding  for  years ....... most all mine look like  that dog 

Very nice !
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 01:17:15 pm »

Nice dogs fellas

Justified
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 09:49:47 pm »

Any chance you'll be making some more in the future??? They look GOOD

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: