April 19, 2024, 08:42:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottom vs my dogs  (Read 5420 times)
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2016, 11:50:32 am »

I don't see the big she said he said a good dog should do good any where there are pigs will it be the best probly not but it should be able to perform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hyan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2016, 12:32:33 pm »

I am not sure I've ever hunted with a finder holder or not sure if I've ever seen one, but I do know what parker is talking about. A finder holder in briar thickets will have to be one heck of a dog. It takes us forever getting to a bay in our woods. A dog would have to find n catch n would may take up to hour getting to him. I run loose dogs simply because I couldn't get to a pack of rough dogs in time. Here's a few pics of what most of our hunts consist of. I couldn't imagine two dogs on a hog in some of these places for ample amount of time, but I've also never seen your dogs. To each man his own. If it's working its working. Happy hunting

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I have dogs hold for a long time once the dogs get locked on for a while the pigs will start to calm n move with the dogs on it giving a head shake every now and then the reason you see so much mayhem when you get to a bay is because a boar is Bayed up the dogs are barking in his mind that's all that's going on then out of nowhere two dogs come running in a grab it now every thing goes crazy think of it like this you are in some stuff people are mad and yelling at you your not a lib so it don't hurt you then two guys run in a punch you in the face do you still stand there and look around or do you start fighting back you fight back then the cops show up right after you get hit maybe 20 sec what do they see a big fight now if they came before the two guys hit you they would see u just standing there taking the yells just like a pig with bay dogs now if you are walking and two guys blind side you(finderholders) you don't have time to fight right off the bat by the time you are ready to fight they are beatting you down that's what a finderholder does beats a pig down till the pig says enough and just starts walking around then the hawaiian guy shows up puts a knife in the pigs neck sends the dogs off to try it again Cheesy  if you see the way au guys hunt when they get to the pig in the crop it is just walking around with two dogs on its head the longer the hold the more calm the pig will be when you get there...parker if a 200 boar that runs up and down mountains daily with 2 1/2  dog killing blades is a "rooter" hog then I am not sure I want to hunt the rank boars you hunt lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

MAUKA 2 MAKAI
hyan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2016, 01:00:43 pm »

thick like this? Or Thorns like that? All where we hunted

MAUKA 2 MAKAI
hyan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2016, 01:01:34 pm »

I don't see the big she said he said a good dog should do good any where there are pigs will it be the best probly not but it should be able to perform.

The big is I need to keep telling my self my boto is bigger  Grin

MAUKA 2 MAKAI
lacrash
Catch Dog

HURRY HURRY HURRY!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2016, 01:03:29 pm »

I never said his dog wouldnt find a hog... I said itd be hard for 2 dogs to hold a hog long enough to get to it where I hunt. IMO adain im not trying to get in a pissing match, but i do see what Parker was saying
RyanTBH
Hog Doom

www.texasboarhounds.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2016, 02:06:51 pm »

X2 Judge hit the nail on the head with this... I'd like for my dogs to consistently perform in any area. May not out hunt a dog from said area, but they better by God do work like they do at home anywhere I take them.

Do work, make chit happen, and never stop moving forward.
hyan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2016, 02:26:24 pm »

X2 Judge hit the nail on the head with this... I'd like for my dogs to consistently perform in any area. May not out hunt a dog from said area, but they better by God do work like they do at home anywhere I take them.

I think It depends on the dogs shape also you can't take your dog's to hawaii and hunt mauna Kea where the air is so thin you get winded walking 50 yards to where they are hunting at sea level but I understand what  u guys are getting at  if I have a dog in tx it should be able to hunt la  Wink I am trying to nit pick lol apples to a water melon standing strait up

MAUKA 2 MAKAI
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2016, 04:08:29 pm »

you know what you know and I know what I know ......your dogs may do what you say on the islands on them 130 pound average  hogs  but  they want here   ..........
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2016, 05:25:06 pm »

Lacrash that wasn't a jab at you just a statement I believe to be true

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2016, 05:28:16 pm »

Hyan I forgot bout that stuff lol been long time but I do rember going to the top of pta and sucking wind and don't u dare fall to the ground the lava rock sticking thrus the red dirt will cut you to shreds that I will never for get

hyan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2016, 06:27:44 pm »

Hyan I forgot bout that stuff lol been long time but I do rember going to the top of pta and sucking wind and don't u dare fall to the ground the lava rock sticking thrus the red dirt will cut you to shreds that I will never for get

Yup and for some stupid reason us kids use to run on that bare foot chasing goats member these? the sheep was up at pta the goats was down the beach

MAUKA 2 MAKAI
hyan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2016, 06:28:09 pm »

you know what you know and I know what I know ......your dogs may do what you say on the islands on them 130 pound average  hogs  but  they want here   ..........
10-4 your right

MAUKA 2 MAKAI
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2016, 09:05:11 am »

Yes I member them

buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2016, 12:08:37 pm »

2 big ear dogs can hold a boar a long time if they don't fight the hog. First time I seen 2 80lb dogs CONTROLLING a 275lb boar, a light bulb came on. A buddy and I've caught plenty good boars with 2 dogs. Hell, my best dog can handle 250lb hogs by himself in the woods.
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2016, 02:32:23 pm »

come on ......anybody can cherry pick times   they seen dogs do all kinds of things ..... if two dogs handle a   boar  for a long time in thick cutover everything has  to be right .... I been hunting a  long time I know dogs would over heat  unless its  cold ..... a rank fighting boar  would  just cut the  crap out of em if no vest ....... a dog caught on a hogs ear  is in a fight period .....this stuff is nothing new ....one thing is for sure hog hunters want to catch hogs ....... if  someone comes up with something way better everyone will jump right to it ......do a little research  on the islands and other places our ways  of hunting here is influencing the way they  hunt more than there's is our's .....just go look picture after picture of bulldog crosses ......
hyan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2016, 04:34:11 pm »

come on ......anybody can cherry pick times   they seen dogs do all kinds of things ..... if two dogs handle a   boar  for a long time in thick cutover everything has  to be right .... I been hunting a  long time I know dogs would over heat  unless its  cold ..... a rank fighting boar  would  just cut the  crap out of em if no vest ....... a dog caught on a hogs ear  is in a fight period .....this stuff is nothing new ....one thing is for sure hog hunters want to catch hogs ....... if  someone comes up with something way better everyone will jump right to it ......do a little research  on the islands and other places our ways  of hunting here is influencing the way they  hunt more than there's is our's .....just go look picture after picture of bulldog crosses ......
Yes we breed bulldog crosses my friend runs english pointer / bull another one runs airdale / wippet the difference is there finderholders a finder holder does not have to be a stag type dog hell it can be a poddle for all I care but they are not leading a 50 pound bull dog to bays in the mountains I know that much I have never heard of it we can just drag a pigs to the buggy or drive the buggy to the pig that's why we pack pigs some times you walk up to 10 miles in a day more somtime if yoh camp up there and your not going to pack a 100 pound pig ten miles while dragging a dog around it just don't happen hell I lead in dogs now for just 200 yards in and out and I want to say the hell with this and let the bulldog lose

MAUKA 2 MAKAI
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2016, 08:19:33 am »

I understand its ruff country and leading a dang bulldog  or a few of them wouldn't be great up and down mountains ..... although I did see some movies where they did lead catchdogs in Hawaii ...... when I was a kid I had  to lead the dam dog ..... I said why I got to lead this dog well you the lowest man on the todem pole .... I said  can I invite  somebody  next time  ......we ride everyhere now thank god .....but when I was young we  left the house a foot ...and if daddy thought they may be a good bunch of hogs across the river well we waded or swam it.......he walked wide open all day never stopped unless at a bay or working a  hog ....we would leave at daylight and  come  home that evening so I can imagine except the mountains  how  you hunted .......also what we killed we poled out ....whoow glad I was a kid I didn't have to get on the end of the pole .... I like talking dogs  with ya'll but I really don't care who believes  what  or  how they hunt ....
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 03:57:02 pm »

come on ......anybody can cherry pick times   they seen dogs do all kinds of things ..... if two dogs handle a   boar  for a long time in thick cutover everything has  to be right .... I been hunting a  long time I know dogs would over heat  unless its  cold ..... a rank fighting boar  would  just cut the  crap out of em if no vest ....... a dog caught on a hogs ear  is in a fight period .....this stuff is nothing new ....one thing is for sure hog hunters want to catch hogs ....... if  someone comes up with something way better everyone will jump right to it ......do a little research  on the islands and other places our ways  of hunting here is influencing the way they  hunt more than there's is our's .....just go look picture after picture of bulldog crosses ......
Yes we breed bulldog crosses my friend runs english pointer / bull another one runs airdale / wippet the difference is there finderholders a finder holder does not have to be a stag type dog hell it can be a poddle for all I care but they are not leading a 50 pound bull dog to bays in the mountains I know that much I have never heard of it we can just drag a pigs to the buggy or drive the buggy to the pig that's why we pack pigs some times you walk up to 10 miles in a day more somtime if yoh camp up there and your not going to pack a 100 pound pig ten miles while dragging a dog around it just don't happen hell I lead in dogs now for just 200 yards in and out and I want to say the hell with this and let the bulldog lose

. Several people I know put shock collars on there bulldogs and teach em to follow horse they ride up to bay and they don't catch till sent. If they hunting off buggy's they don't put a leash on em they follow em to bay and catch when sent it takes some time to get a handle like that on one though
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2016, 04:38:25 pm »

fella hunted with us a while back had his bulldog trained like that with the e collar .......he also could slap him and tell him to back off a catch and he would seen him do it ....my jerry dog I could slap one time and he would set down while I tied a hog but he wasn't full bulldog ......  no longer than one lasts  us it ain't worth giving them even a name ....
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2016, 05:30:49 pm »

A good handle on a cd is a must. Parker why do you go thru so many

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: