March 28, 2024, 06:27:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottom vs my dogs  (Read 5396 times)
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 08:18:01 pm »

Yes sir that's about how there's are they break em off slap tell em to get back and they go lay down
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2016, 05:37:54 am »

we  hunt for boar hogs  look for big tracks we have caught 58 boar hogs in the past 8 months or about ..... they just get wrecked ...... teeth get broke out ,,,,,, we don't like nose catchers ......with just the cull factor and getting wrecked we go through catch dogs .....and I hunt with some boys  that will tie a grizzly ...and we lead to the bay .... so its not like we let them hang taking a beating ....
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2016, 06:24:18 am »

I seen guys go thru tons of dogs I don't get it. I don't think it has as much to do with the hog size as much as with the quality of the dog. And how it's used I catch a good amount of big hogs I don't have that problem. Not that I can't I just don't. Many things go in to play when hunting anything can happen. And it usely does. I have heard a lot of guys say this it's cheaper to get a new dog then it is to save one so they hunt with that in mind I guess that's one way to do it. I think a top notch cd dog is just as valuable as a top strike dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LoftinCattleCo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2016, 10:09:35 am »

I went through a pile of Bulldogs til I have the pair I have now.. A bulldog has to have the same amount of brains as your cur dogs do.. If they catch wild they are gonna get slaughtered. If they'll hunt a ear up and get under a hog they'll live a many a days with a good vest.

Jacob Loftin  Thicket,Tx
(409)-656-4633
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2016, 01:57:47 pm »

well  if you catch a lot of boars in ruff logged out cutovers are rowed pines you will go through catchdogs ..... there's been several  R I P posts on this board in the past few months and I really don't think hardly a month goes by without someone posting they lost a  dog or got some eat up ......
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2016, 03:11:22 pm »

Dogs get kill for all kinds of reasons. Big teeth ruff hogs falling off cliffs snake bites drowning gators hit by trucks crossing rds the list goes on and on. I don't I always here bout the pine rows but never heard of the pine rows them self killing cd but I don't hunt pine rows so I don't know. A big hog is a big hog no matter what he calls home and a good dog is a good dog no matter where he hunts

parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2016, 05:39:57 pm »

no sir I disagree rowe planted pines here get so wove'n with briars and brush you can't throw a rock in it .... catch rank boarhogs in it you will loose catchdogs ...broke teeth , over heated, or gutted .....its  just a matter of time ....... judge how many rank boarhogs do you catch and tie a year ?
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2016, 06:16:18 pm »

I tie a few but that's not what where talking bout I don't care who ties or catches more we both know what where doing. I under stand pine rows are rough or least every one says that. A dog can get his teeth knocked at any time or be gutted at any time. Wasn't trying to get another pissing contest. Was just wondering why so many CDs. It can be thick and rough any where don't have to be a 10 thousand acre pine farm to be rough. In my experience it takes all of bout 1/2 a second to get a dogs teeth knocked out or gutted one min or less to drown. Never seen a dog killed by a gator but I would think 3 seconds it pretty much over. Any brush pile or thicket can get a dog in trouble.how many CDs do you think u have went thru in a yr.
LoftinCattleCo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2016, 06:47:04 pm »

Ive broke several teeth out, over heated several, gutted a couple. I hunt all the same country as you do mr Parker.. And I stand behind my statement as a bulldog with brains and a good quality vest will take you a long ways.. I usually tie 150+ head a year this year being pretty slow and I'm barely at a 100 due to work. I've been using the same Bulldogs for 2 years and I've doctored on em some but they know how to get under a hog as well so that sure helps.. I'm not saying they won't get killed tomorrow but I sure don't go through em like a sack of AA batteries.

Jacob Loftin  Thicket,Tx
(409)-656-4633
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2016, 07:57:04 pm »

A dog can get killed at any time that's a fact to many variables to take in. But in my eyes a good vest and a good dog and a good hand go hand in hand. I hear a lot of guys that get CDs killed ether no vest or no help. My buddy lost one just the other day no vest. He ran that cd for 5 yrs. there are plenty guys that use the same cd for yrs and tie plenty big hogs

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2016, 08:16:00 pm »

Drop their chest to the dirt and body up with the hog. They'll be alright

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2016, 10:13:02 pm »

we go through 4 or 5 a year ....... rarely do we have  one last 3  years  .....  I do not care to use catch dogs with broke out teeth or nose catchers are leg catchers..... just about everybody I see with an older bulldog there holders  are broke or some of there holder's is broke ...... I hunt to catch hogs  with least  stress on both as possible my dogs and the hogs ..... different world  here ...... my bay dogs right now look like they have  been shot with buckshot my catch dog is just now healing up last boar hog stuck her about 4 times with 3 inch teeth with a full vest  hog broke when we cut the catch dogs loose took 300 yards before they stopped the hog and caught it ....... maybe its because we hunt a lot .....one of my boys goes to work at 2 pm til 10 pm in a plant so we can hunt every morning if we want another boy that has hunted with us since he was a kid works on a rig 14 and 14 when he gets home he wants to hunt every day and my oldest son hunts when he's not working and two other boys that wants to hunt everyday they off work ....we own 3000 acres of timber land and lease several thousand more so deer season don't even effect us except when I 'm deer hunting or duck hunting for a week or so ....not trying to brag  but just saying  that's why we go through dogs we hunt year  round ......
LoftinCattleCo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2016, 06:00:41 am »

Not to be in a pissing contest or to debate... But Mr. Parker in shorter words you're telling me that you catch way more rank hogs than anybody and have the roughest country to hunt... I'm sorry sir but I've crossed the Sabine on 10 and hunted everything south to holly beach. I've got 12k acres give or take just across the river in Newton county and I hunt year round as well... On avg I usually tie 10/15 barrs a year more than half being over 300, usually cut north of 40 head of boar hogs. I try to use a pair of Bulldogs as well but it's hard to handle a pair by ya self lol

Jacob Loftin  Thicket,Tx
(409)-656-4633
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2016, 08:28:53 am »

Lot of guys catch big hogs on regular basis and they do it with the same dogs. You got to be doing some serious work to ruin 5 bill dogs a yr

parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2016, 09:52:42 am »

where the hell did I say I catch more rank hogs than anyone else .. I stated what we catch ..... I never said ruffest country I said ruff country ..... how old are you ? ..... I'd be willing to bet you don't catch near  what you say  you catching ......
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2016, 10:12:22 am »

I looked at  your pictures loftin ......  good hogs but  your a ride along the real older dog  men wasn't in the pictures ,,, your first tracking system was in what 2013 according to your posts I have a shocking collar  older than you are ....hey I like to talk dogs its fun ....but don't say people is saying what they haven't said ...
LoftinCattleCo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2016, 10:32:53 am »

That's just what I gathered from your response no ill feelings here just misinterpreted a statement.. Also if you'll read through my post prior to 13' I had nothing but hart bred yellow dogs strictly hunted off horses and never owned a bulldog I was brought up not using 1. A blowing horn was all a man was alotted to find his dog under the roof I was raised under. I've been hunting with my dad since I was 6, I'll be 26 in November. And I've had my own set of dogs since I was 15.I finally started hunting outside my norm with new people and seen that there was better ways of doing it than the way I was brought up... A ride along ? Sir, I've been younged to death my whole life with dogs, horses, work whatever the case may be... But 1 thing is for sure I've never rode on any older mans coat tail to get those hogs caught and the pictures you seen were a small percentage of what I tie. I just recently started posting in here again when I
Deleted my Facebook.... I apologize for any disgruntled feelings

Jacob Loftin  Thicket,Tx
(409)-656-4633
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2016, 11:15:21 am »

Parker u asked me how many I catch and tie. We have had this argument on here before. So guy a ties 64 guy b ties 48 and guy c ties 30 I wouldn't say one is better then the other. If you catch a lot u probly have good numbers if you hunt a lot you have a lot of land and time off or plenty money to do what u want. I don't know why but every time it turns into I been doing this this long or I caught this and this and that who cares. The time you been doing something isn't important as how long it took u to become knowledgeable and good at what your doing. That is in all things.

parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2016, 02:09:17 pm »

it does matter how many each person catches especially if he has perty good track dogs and hunts  boars and bar's ...little pigs shoats and sows don't kill many dogs ....big rank hogs  is just ruff on dogs and the terrain you hunt in plays into that also ....... I said we hunt a lot never said I was better than anyone else just that that is probably the reason we go through that many dogs .... you have to agree that the more big hogs a person catches the more he's likely to get dogs  cut ...?
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2016, 02:39:15 pm »

Oh ya but it don't take much teeth to cut dogs the smaller the teeth the sharper. I feel like the most deadly teeth are 1 and 1/2 inch teeth they slice and cauze bleeding the big teeth are blunt force ripping although it's brutal slicing is more deadly do to the bleeding. But it's all good brother. I don't catch many small pigs I say I average around 200 lbs but some time you roll in a group you might catch one big one or 3 small one you never know.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: