April 27, 2024, 10:42:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big dogs and thick brush myth  (Read 5891 times)
Scott
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2016, 10:05:38 am »

You see, the thing about "teaching" is you have to know your "students"....there are some folks commenting on this thread that have used dogs on livestock and in the woods longer than most of the others have been alive.. Personally, I reckon they know a thing or two that maybe the "teacher" don't.

It would be prudent for all to choose their "teachers" wisely....

You mean like the guy who said speed was mental lol
  Cow dogs and other livestock dogs are not the same subject matter as the hunting and catch dogs I'm speaking of.    I think you have your teacher and classrooms confused.      Not very effective to have an algebra teacher teaching history would you say?   Kinda the hole point I'm making about how different the styles are and dogs are.    Just not the same course my friend.    For example, just because I know what I do about finder holders and stags, doesn't give me expert knowledge on hounds.       Different course requires different teacher.   Simple really and again common sense.
Well, my common sense tells me that big o and many like him have most likely been working dogs for longer than you have been alive. He's seen big dogs, leggy dogs, short dogs, small dogs, hounds, curs, bulldogs, etc. And more than likely the vast majority of crosses that are/were being done. You sir, may be an expert on your dogs and style of hunting, but when comes to choosing a teacher on dogs working and hunting livestock would it be prudent to choose a teacher that's lived it for 40-50 years or one that has for 10-20 years?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Your common sense tells you what makes a teacher better than another is years spent doing it?    Jesus was younger than me when he was crucified.    Do you think others are better teachers that preach the same message because they are older than He was and as a result been living it longer than He did?           
I keep learning every day. Today I've learned that you are offering a comparison between yourself and Jesus Christ as a teacher. Drawing from your comparison, one can only conclude that you believe you are omnipotent when it comes to working dogs. Common sense tells me you are most likely full of number 2.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: