March 28, 2024, 01:29:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Know it alls  (Read 1813 times)
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2016, 06:56:44 pm »

It's amazing how many folks know everything on this board. Just cause you ain't seen it done don't mean it can't be done. A hog is smart but not that dang hard to catch. This board used to be really good but has gone down hill the last couple years. What ever happened to just listening to folks talk. No need to see who can pee higher on a tree. If you don't agree, keep your mouth closed. If someone asks, give your opinion. I constantly listen to others and absorb the knowledge. I pick out info that I think is useful to what I want in a dog. Smart people listen, fools argue.
ArtHenrey
Alpha Dog

Del Encino Hog Dog's

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 07:36:30 pm »

I listen to people talk all day long! But, when I smell bull crud, I can't help but speak up.
It's hard to learn from some bs, I'm just glad I can smell it. Most can't. It's gotten me this far, I guess I'll continue on just like I have been.
I think the only difference I've noticed in the last few years, is realisticness being spoke and fairy tail hog snatching getting takin out with the trash.
But I guess I'm a fool, because Im not sure if this is arguing with your post.

Arturo Villarreal -V
Elgin, tx
512-815-8569
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 05:42:55 am »

its simple ...its entertainment ...... nobody is gonna  change what they do or what they hunt .... I bet  you most people reading this  bickering  is laughing ......its just entertainment ....just take it like a duck and let  it roll off ....... I get bored so I like to talk dogs ..... its all in fun for me ....
LoftinCattleCo
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 10:25:20 am »

I don't post much on here for that reason lol... Just a general statement that a friend hit me with the other day. "They don't know what they don't know"

Jacob Loftin  Thicket,Tx
(409)-656-4633
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 11:10:28 am »

Knowledge can be taken from any one if you listen. Even know it alls loud mouths idiots or what ever you call em.  They have knowledge to the more pebbles you have in your jar the better. No one is everything but people will surprise u even the one u think are full of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 11:42:41 am »

I'm with judge on this, but it does bother me when people are disrespectful to others on here, I like a good debate better than most, and all the different points of view make it interesting, it would get boring quick if we all ran the same sort of dogs and had the same opinions

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 09:49:57 pm »

X2 peel.I just call one of the old timers if I need help

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Monty Bennet
Fixitlouie
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 10:14:08 am »

X2 peel.I just call one of the old timers if I need help

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Yep. This.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

bay, catch, barr, repeat...
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 10:48:05 am »

It's amazing how many folks know everything on this board. Just cause you ain't seen it done don't mean it can't be done. A hog is smart but not that dang hard to catch. This board used to be really good but has gone down hill the last couple years. What ever happened to just listening to folks talk. No need to see who can pee higher on a tree. If you don't agree, keep your mouth closed. If someone asks, give your opinion. I constantly listen to others and absorb the knowledge. I pick out info that I think is useful to what I want in a dog. Smart people listen, fools argue.

Agree
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 03:49:48 pm »

I'm not one to get my feelings hurt, and I really don't mind someone telling me they think I'm wrong. Hell I was one of the first guys I think dean really laid into because he didn't like the way I referred to a dog as a RCD. After a few private conversations with dean, I'm convinced the man is smarter than your average bear. I'd actually love to see his dogs work. I also think he's a prideful guy like me and probably most of us, I think the biggest disagreement most find with dean, all lies on the fact that he talks about catching hogs in a very elaborate way. Me personally, I don't think it's much harder(essentially) than getting a few stock minded pups. Raise them up, show them some hogs and take them to the woods and keep them there till they make or cull themselves. Now you start getting into better dogs and you can catch MORE hogs with more style. But trust me I've caught some good few hogs with some absolute turd chewers that I wouldn't own today. But back when I started it's what I had and I thought the world of them. I for one have no problem with getting on this board and telling about a hunt and how my dogs absolutely sucked it up all morning and didn't do worth a piss. There other guys one here that I see do the same. I relate to those guys a lot better than some of the guys who mostly talk about either how well their dogs did or they don't talk about them at all. To each their own, I talk about my dogs doing like crap cause I want to hear Opinions and suggestions being that I'm still pretty green. A lot of you guys have been doing this for a long time, you have your methods set in stone so you don't need feedback when your dogs do something weird or wrong cause you've seen most of it. 99% of this doggin thing is opinion based. There are a few sure things, but those things have almost nothing to do with how a dog has to hunt or the kind you have to run to catch hogs. Just that you don't post cut up dogs, you don't poach, don't sell a cull. Stuff like that. Nobody knows what they don't know. Kinda school girlish to get upset over some opinions, but it's enjoyable to go back and forth, nothing wrong with some good conversation and maybe some good ribbing every once in a while if you know the guy. No reason to go out of your way to step on someone's toes though.

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Amokabs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 07:19:40 pm »

I thought u wuz one of the "old guys" !!! Lol
cornbro
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 08:08:57 pm »

What is wrong with know it alls ?? I happen to be one lol.
jdt
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 09:02:54 pm »

the reason i get on here about every couple days or so and read all this stuff  is so when i get grown i can be a knowitall .

i'm pushin 40 and i ain't plannin on growin up anytime soon  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: