April 26, 2024, 06:27:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dog feed  (Read 3801 times)
gary roberson
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2016, 11:29:34 am »

Black Gold Performance Blend 26-18.  I hunt my dogs harder than you most everyone that I know and the dogs still look pretty good.  When I am lion hunting in the mountains from 4 days to a week (every day) and putting 20-40 miles on them every day, I supplement them with Dog Forte.  The Dog Forte seems to help with stress and keeps them eating when they are exhausted.
Adios,
Gary
Fixitlouie
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2016, 03:52:58 pm »

What I can get in the store is what I buy. There is a not a feed store close.  so I'm stuck buying what ever I can get my hands on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

bay, catch, barr, repeat...
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2016, 12:16:01 pm »

just come from tractor supply ....I use diamond high energy and I have tried some other's but I just can't beat it for 30 bucks a bag basically I can feed every other day and dogs will get super fat in the pens and on chains if  I don't cut them back  on amount of ration  ...also tractor supply runs out perty often they sale a lot of  it ......
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2016, 01:19:47 pm »

Anybody feed diamond performance? Comes in greenish grey bag. $37 per 40lb bag. I just had to buy it cause they didn't have my normal hi energy.  Will see how dogs like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Semmes
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2016, 04:03:44 pm »

River run hi-pro formula 27-15.
 50lb sack for  $23.75
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 06:30:25 pm »

Atwoods usely has diamond high ener. For 23 a bag and goes on Sale for 21

parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2016, 07:41:58 am »

judge  its 28  a bag here at tractor supply I can get it a dollar cheaper at feed store but look at the feed and the feed from tractor supply look fresher ..... not trying to sell it but if anyone is looking for a fed its well worth the try ....I feed  every other day a horse scoop and mine  is fat ....dogs in pens look like house  dogs way to fat ....I have tried all kinds and  end  up back on the diamond hi energy ......diamond makes  3 or 4  dog foods for tractor supply .......anyway anyone looking  just try it ...I feed about 20 head  of dogs ....
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2016, 09:14:21 am »

I got couple buddies that feed diamond hi energy and they like it there dogs look good on it too. I also know couple people that feed comet dog feed and swear by it and there dogs always look really good never hear much about that feed
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2016, 12:12:51 pm »

Ya parker my baby girl worked there for 4 yrs got 15% off. But ya they turn a lot of dog food there. I have used diamond since the late 90ds

lettmroll
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2016, 06:37:21 am »

Over the last 30 years I've tried most all of it and Victor stuck with Victor, the yellow bag in the off season and red are green bag during hog hunting season. It's proven it's self.

Hold on
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2016, 11:14:29 am »

,some only feed a few dogs,,then there's  someone like me that feeds 20  plus head of dogs .... so far my opinion and I haven't tried them all but the high performance diamond fed every other day works real good specially in the summer when they don't move much cause  of heat they will get real fat and slick ....  anyone feeding cheap feed and your dogs look dingy and thick haired and you have  to tell your buddies they have  some kind  of worm I'm just saying try 3  things ivomec and safeguard monthly and feed the diamond every day for about 4 days then every other day after ....see what happens ....it puts my feed bill from 30 bucks a bag to 15 by feeding ration difference .... I bet  you'll like it .....
lettmroll
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2016, 07:02:42 pm »

Mr. Parker, I'm with you on the ivermecdad monthly and I use the liquid safeguard 1st day 7cc second day 5cc and 3rd d3cc. Usually just do it once and at the most twice a year and it keeps my dogs clean. Idk if your feeding the purple bag are green bag of diamond. But you can feed the Victor every other day if you choose to and the dog will still look good.

Hold on
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2016, 10:04:35 pm »

I;m feeding the 24/20 high performance I think its a maroon looking but I call it red anyway I'm sure there's other feed that will do real well fed every other day but  victor here is higher than the diamond I buy ......diamond is about 29 a bag here before tax ....
Semmes
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 10:46:08 pm »

I fed diamond hi perf  marron bag tractor supply for 4 yrs strait and had bud that fed the retriever blue bag  from tractor supply and still does far as I know and it's no real difference from the river run I been feeding for çouole years now in quality and ingredients, bit my dogs have better stools on river run. I fed victor before that and there is no comparison. Victor is hands down better and less waste and better digestion meaning less consumption. But I'm a poor man.. And if I'm gonna Feed any of the cheap stuff I find river run just good as the rest. If I had the money I would biy victor and if I have a preg gyp or pups I'll fork iut xtra for the victor. But as far as daily matainence in adult dogs I see no difference in condition or ingredients between diamond high energy, retriever or river run hy pro. Just my stools better on river run
Semmes
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2016, 11:00:49 pm »

Varience of runs seems ongoing problem I have with diamond feeds as well. Decade ago I fed nutin but diamond naturals chicken and rice. But just like with the high energy lower wuality feed u had varience of stools on bags in occasion, and an overall stinkier runier stool compared to
Other primary corn based products like river run. Def not the best bit does me better for the money. If I had more money tho victor would be Way to go
Semmes
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2016, 11:05:16 pm »

Showtime and all same...
Pwilson_10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2016, 06:26:43 am »

I feed ol Roy camo brown what ever u call it and I feed them a little bean can every day and I hunt mine hard every weekend of the year dang near morning and night 

Pwilson_10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2016, 06:31:24 am »

It don't matter what u feed it don't matter nothen it matters if them dogs have clean water and get feed every day and wormed and dog pins cleaned every day it's called responsibility it's up to u to take care of ur dogs I beat that in these kids around here and I will go home if I see some one pull a dog out the box and every rib is showing and hair is dingy

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2016, 10:41:19 am »

Pwilison you right on that

parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2016, 02:57:16 pm »

well my son was feeding blue bag retriever and I have dogs in pens  and when I fed  retriever the stools where not good with the retriever feed and my son switched to diamond  it is a better feed then retriever  I have  fed  both same dogs same pens ........ all stools with the diamond in my pens roll out like golf ball's ....
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: