March 29, 2024, 11:00:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water Trainning Jagdterrier pup  (Read 485 times)
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2016, 04:31:22 pm »

Was messing around the other day, it turns out my 3 month old male seems to like retrieving a bit. Mind you, I've never trained a bird dog of any sort before, I just try to expose these dogs to situations and game to get them started. My female is like every other woman in my life, neurotic, time will tell if she shares his desire to swim.

https://youtu.be/ehRW2dYrxs4
dallas22
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 06:34:53 pm »

Where did you get those pups i sold some a few weeks ago they loved the water and the mommy of the pups will retrieve but she's nuts so i wont let her out of the yard anymore. Very typical of a jagd. Anyhow i wasn't sure if those pups came from me cause i didn't get the tails docked

IF YOUR DUMB YOU BETTER BE TOUGH!!!
Amokabs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 07:26:08 pm »

Jagds are all purpose sporting dogs. The swim like fish and retrieve, go to ground, hog dog, u name it, squirrel hunt, they will domit all.
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 09:53:42 pm »

Where did you get those pups i sold some a few weeks ago they loved the water and the mommy of the pups will retrieve but she's nuts so i wont let her out of the yard anymore. Very typical of a jagd. Anyhow i wasn't sure if those pups came from me cause i didn't get the tails docked

Got them up near the Dallas area, I've seen pics of them retrieving before. It was pretty cool
to actually get such a young pup to do it for about 20 minutes.
Fixitlouie
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 08:30:47 am »

I want a couple of them..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

bay, catch, barr, repeat...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: