|
Mr. Oinker
|
 |
« on: January 30, 2017, 10:56:45 am » |
|
I have the Astro 220 and one collar has been giving me issues lately. It will connect fine initially but will randomly say the dog is moving and then connection will freeze and it will take a long time to update. I ordered a new long range antenna but it isn't in yet. I took a vide of the distance jumping around. Any ideas what to do?
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Mr. Oinker
|
 |
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 10:57:44 am » |
|
Damn I uploaded the wrong video lol.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
ArtHenrey
|
 |
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 09:02:36 am » |
|
Try updating collar to handheld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Arturo Villarreal -V Elgin, tx 512-815-8569
|
|
|
|
Mr. Oinker
|
 |
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 01:07:09 pm » |
|
Try updating collar to handheld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did that right before this video. Then after it still wouldn't track right I let it die completely and charged it fully again. Still isnt working right. It will glitch out like this for a while and then connect again and work right for a little bit then back to this.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Mike
|
 |
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 01:19:50 pm » |
|
Try taking the collar apart and unplugging the battery for at least 15 minutes. I remember having to do this a few times when I ran the 40's... but that's been several years back.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Mr. Oinker
|
 |
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 08:31:05 pm » |
|
Try taking the collar apart and unplugging the battery for at least 15 minutes. I remember having to do this a few times when I ran the 40's... but that's been several years back.
Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
ArtHenrey
|
 |
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 09:04:09 pm » |
|
Also try unscrewing the antenna where it connects, clean really well. I had to do it all the time
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Arturo Villarreal -V Elgin, tx 512-815-8569
|
|
|
|
Mr. Oinker
|
 |
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 03:10:40 pm » |
|
Also try unscrewing the antenna where it connects, clean really well. I had to do it all the time
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tried this and disconnecting battery for 15+ minutes. It is working better, as in it will tell me the distance to the collar somewhat more accurately and the treed, running, sitting indicator is working again but the compass/direction is messed up still even after multiple recalibrations.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
tmatt
|
 |
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 08:34:51 pm » |
|
Me Oinker, I opened the first video you posted then realized you said it was the wrong one. I realize you didn't intentionally post it but is there any way that you can please delete it for everyone's sake? Thank you
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Be who you are and say what you mean because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.
|
|
|
|
Mr. Oinker
|
 |
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 09:24:29 pm » |
|
Me Oinker, I opened the first video you posted then realized you said it was the wrong one. I realize you didn't intentionally post it but is there any way that you can please delete it for everyone's sake? Thank you
Man I've been looking for a way to delete it since I first posted it. If you can tell me how to delete it I gladly will. I understand the issues with videos of catching in a pen vs the wild.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
tmatt
|
 |
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 11:24:25 pm » |
|
May have to see if Mike or one of the mods can delete it.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Be who you are and say what you mean because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.
|
|
|
|