March 28, 2024, 01:40:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prolapse  (Read 433 times)
Jason Dunn
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2017, 12:43:46 am »

I have a young gyp came into heat and prolapsed I took her to the vet he put it back in and said would be best to spay her I hate to do that because she sure has been doing me a good job and may be worth breeding. Has anyone seen this and had a good outcome without spaying?
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 07:04:20 am »

I have had 3 gyps in recent yrs do it. Your vet is right one of those gyps I tryed to keep uncut not a good idea. And if you was to get her bred she would just past it down and some of her offspring my do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 04:56:07 pm »

I've had two over the years do it and only options I had were to have them spayed or put down, neither of them were worth the hassle in my eyes so I opted to put them down, if you like this female and don't want her to have any complications in the future I would have her spayed because more than likely it's going to happen every time she comes in heat and you will have big trouble if she has pups, with that being said I've seen a bulldog gyp have and raise a litter without any complications that would prolapse during heat, so at the end of the day it's your call...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 08:19:42 pm »

I've had two over the years do it and only options I had were to have them spayed or put down, neither of them were worth the hassle in my eyes so I opted to put them down, if you like this female and don't want her to have any complications in the future I would have her spayed because more than likely it's going to happen every time she comes in heat and you will have big trouble if she has pups, with that being said I've seen a bulldog gyp have and raise a litter without any complications that would prolapse during heat, so at the end of the day it's your call...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That bulldog was a pretty rare occurrence. Normally it is the same thing every time they come in heat.

Be who you are and say what you mean because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: