April 27, 2024, 05:11:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cellular trail cams?  (Read 841 times)
Swine-Stalker
Alpha Dog

Cody Everett

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2017, 01:20:24 pm »

Been thinking about getting a couple to use during the hottest parts of the summer... Get a pic of a decent hog(s), catch it/them, then head back home. I think this will raise the hog count and not subject the dogs to heat exhaustion as much. I feel like its cheating just a bit, but it should yield better numbers when the temps hit the upper 90's and lows are mid  to upper 80's here in Louisiana. With that being sait I have a couple questions...

Who here, does that and what is your success rate?

I have straight talk... are they compatible?

We'll all be equal under the grass, God's got a heaven for country trash

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work
for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
Pwilson_10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 08:15:13 am »

I'm doing it this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 11:14:14 am »

two of the boys that hunt with me have  em ...most of the pictures are at night and evenings but its  nice to know there has been one there so you don't waste turnouts cause in the summer we try and get done early .... great for young dogs ...and there is a bunch of  fella's that night hunt just hunting off camera's .....
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 05:56:40 pm »

hadn't thought of doing that way, but its a great idea! During the heat of Grain season this past year a friend and I would simply keep dogs put up during our first round and go check cameras until we saw one we liked. caught a few very good boars that way.

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
decker
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 07:06:24 pm »

never thought of that, what are some good brands that aren't to pricey? sounds like a good idea.
lacrash
Catch Dog

HURRY HURRY HURRY!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 08:37:35 am »

IF you do go that route trust me and buy a 6v rechargeable battery with a solar panel. I've had mine since November and batteries only last about a week. 12 Energizers a time gets frustrating n expensive.
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 09:52:05 am »

We run the Covert ones ,,, have been for about 5 yrs now... They are nice to use,, saves time and a lot of guessing.  Now they shoot the pics to a app on ur phone so u can set it how u like and saves a lot of time always looking down at text messages.. We have AT&T and have no problem with signal issues here in La.

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Swine-Stalker
Alpha Dog

Cody Everett

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 11:11:27 am »

They operate off of cell signal tho right, meaning you have to obtain another sim card? Also, to those thinking about buying one... I've read that you don't want to get a cheap one to save money if it runs off 2g signal. 2g is being phased out with most cell service providers.

We'll all be equal under the grass, God's got a heaven for country trash

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work
for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 11:26:02 am »

mine was a ittle acorn but I believe the coverts are better  ...the boys  I hunt with put long antenna's  on there and they work ...
Amokabs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 07:45:56 pm »

Yea, bet its nice to have to have the hogs call to say " HERE WE IS"!!!!
decker
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 11:41:51 pm »

I talked to the guy that traps around here, and he has them on his drop traps. He said that the snyper products are good, that they have a short delay between the picture and when you actually get it, like 30 secs or a minute. I cant remember the brand he uses on his traps but theyre almost twice as much. It looks like you have to get a plan or something and pay monthly tho.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: