April 25, 2024, 02:46:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tilden  (Read 2669 times)
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2017, 09:59:07 pm »

Any one hunt this area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 05:30:49 am »

Yes.  Will need snake boots. Everything that grows has a thorn on it. Hunted there many years ago once with Cgascsh. I believe he is from around there.
cgasch
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 07:43:46 am »

Used to hunt there a lot. had a ranch down there we hunted but the oil boom put an end to that and a death in the family caused the ranch to be divide and we gave it up. ditto on what jhs said. we caught some good hogs there.  depending on where you hunt be careful of gators. Choke Canyon lake is in Mc Mullin county and has a lot of gators. Also check the tanks for gator sign because they travel and sometimes are in the tanks. If you use atv make certain you have good tires because the terrain is tough on tires.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 08:58:45 am »

Gotcha. My in laws have a big ranch down there

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 09:02:05 am »

The only experience I have with gators is from swamp people

cgasch
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 09:49:22 am »

these gators are not on the end of a line! had a buddy lose a good dog to one.     your welcome
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 10:12:43 am »

They said they have killed ten footers before

LionandBoarHunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 10:29:36 am »

Gators and javelinas and snakes ! I hunt just 15 east of Tilden lots of hogs and a many of bobcats . Fixn to pick up 15000 acers west of Tilden . See if your in laws will mind cat hounds if not I will take u cat hunting !

They Call It The Hill Country I Call It Home !
The more people I'm around the more I like my dogs !!
ROOT HOG OR DIE
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 01:03:04 pm »

Gotcha I am going to talk to em and see

parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 12:31:36 pm »

I have a friend by tilden   brady actkinson they have a good sized place ....you can get dogs eat up down there a 130 pound boar may have 3 inch's of teeth ....also brady told me the same thing about tanks  said they was catching some steers and had one bayed in a tank said a  gator come up and got one of the dogs said they couldn't do anything but watch .... some of that country is too ruff ....pair cactus flats 
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 01:57:21 pm »

Ya they say it's tough country

ancuegar
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 12:30:39 pm »

I hunted a lot in Webb County to the west of Tilden.  that area is very rough.  hogs grow more teeth than body sometimes.  you need to watch out with them javelinas as well.  they'll kill dogs faster than a big boar.  also carry lots of water with you.  even at night in the summer, it will be almost 100 degrees right at dark.  them dogs need lots of water in that dry country. if you have dogs that can strike on a regular basis out in that brush country, they'll find pigs anywhere. 
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 01:11:58 pm »

Lionandboarhunter I am still working on getting permission to hunt cats there then we can plan something

JW0627
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 08:02:25 am »

Pretty much what everyone else has said.  I've ran dogs a hand full of times around Tilden, but I've been out there to catch cows quite a bit.  Wear some leggins if you have some. Cowboy'n or huntin, if I'm in that country, I'm wearin leggins.  Snake boots or double stitched stove tops because you are going to run across some rattlers for sure.  I'd keep some dex on hand for the dogs just in case they come across one and don't get out the way fast enough.  The boars do tend to get pretty toothy for their size out there.  Be mindful of where you water your dogs because of the gators, like everyone else said.  If your dogs do jump some javelinas, try to call em off as soon as you can.  I've seen those suckers do plenty of damage.  They don't fight fair.  The ones in the back of the group tend to fall out of pack, make a loop, come from behind and start ripping at the dogs hind legs while they are preoccupied with the rest of the group.  Plenty of tarantulas that look like they could eat a cat, if you have a thing against spiders.  They just go about their business, but plenty of times I've gotten off the horse to walk a foot, and happen to look down and see one the size of my foot, walking across my boot.  I'd run some python ear tags on your collars as well, ticks get pretty bad out there.  Bring tweezers because you're going to be pullin mesquite, briar, and cactus out of yourself and the dogs more than likely.  Call if you need a hand, I'm not to far from Tilden lol.  Good luck!

JGUIDRY
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 06:09:45 pm »

Judge, what is your family's last name or the ranch name? The Oil company  I work for has well locations all over Tilden and I am staying just east of there every other 14 days wile I am at work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: