April 19, 2024, 02:38:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dough Belly Dogs  (Read 2265 times)
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2017, 09:09:55 pm »

I guess that is how its spelled may not be .  Anyway can somebody time me about this line of dogs BMC?

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
David f
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 09:58:47 am »

Bigo should know some about them and probably CL, Dr Long would too.
bigo
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 11:01:19 am »

Dough Belly Quiney (sp) lived around Milam county. From what I can gather, he was a bit of a dog trader, but dealt in quality dogs. Phil Lines got two dogs from him that were full brothers and were Hutto dogs. One of these dogs was the sire of Weatherford Ben's momma. He got a lot of dogs from around the Huntsville area and a good many of them were Woodruff and Hutto dogs. That's been a good while ago and it doesn't take long to make them something all together different. For what it's worth, all this is what I've been told and pieced together from several different people.

The older I get, the better I was.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between a dog and a man.
         Mark Twain
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 04:11:35 pm »

Thanks for the info.  I just bred a male of mine to a Doughbelly gyp.  She is the last of that line that he has.  She is a working dog for sure and the dogs he owned before her of that line all made the grade of working dog are would have been gone.  You are sure right about things can go south breeding paper and not to the dog.

Jason Dunn
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 01:08:48 pm »

I asked the the same question on the biggamehoundsmen site this is the response I got from a forum member it probably isn't the same fellow I don't know I breed my dog back to her son and got 6 pups the other day they are all prodomently white with black spots and some light ticking I too would like some more info on them .

Jason, I think I met him about 20 yrs ago at a hog baying in leville la. Interesting fellow, actually reminded me of some characters actors that play mountain man parts such as jerimiah johnsons buddy that hunted griz. He had a necklace of hog tusk around his neck. Had a line of bs that you like to listen to. I think he was from Caldwell tx. Or his name was doe belly Caldwell from Bryan tx. Like I said, that was 20 yrs ago
Jason Dunn
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 01:35:22 pm »

Im gonna try to post a pick you may recognise her TexasHogDogs.

http://s790.photobucket.com/user/JasonDunn308/media/SSue.png.html?sort=3&o=1
Jason Dunn
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 02:14:25 pm »

Im gonna try to post a pick you may recognise her TexasHogDogs.

http://s790.photobucket.com/user/JasonDunn308/media/SSue.png.html?sort=3&o=1

Think I got it figured out now.
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 08:22:26 pm »

Jason which gyp is this?

TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 09:08:19 pm »

That gyp there favors my ole Blu gyp alot.  And those pups look a lot like the ones I have had around here....

Jason Dunn
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 09:43:17 pm »

Shes a dog named Sue we spoke about her a good while back she had 6 only 3 are left shes bad to lay on them I had to put her on my porch to keep an eye on things the pups should be heavy with your blood shes getting old now around 11.
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 10:50:45 pm »

I knew this name sounded familiar and I finally put my finger on it. My uncle has talked about him. Can't for the life of me remember what he said about the man. I know he did say he was a dog trader and I'm pretty sure he said something about him getting run out of Lee county. Over what I'm not sure. I'll talk with him and report back ifn I get the chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Td3 dogs n hogs
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 10:23:49 am »

Dough Belly Quiney (sp) lived around Milam county. From what I can gather, he was a bit of a dog trader, but dealt in quality dogs. Phil Lines got two dogs from him that were full brothers and were Hutto dogs. One of these dogs was the sire of Weatherford Ben's momma. He got a lot of dogs from around the Huntsville area and a good many of them were Woodruff and Hutto dogs. That's been a good while ago and it doesn't take long to make them something all together different. For what it's worth, all this is what I've been told and pieced together from several different people.
[/quote
Did you or anyone else get a chance to hunt with any of the real dough belly bred dogs? My uncle got a couple from a man that dealt directly with Don Quiney. Said they were big stout brindle dogs built to run if a hog cut out you better keep up with them because those dough belly dogs were gonna go as far as they had to. Im trying to get in touch with someone that possibly kept that dough belly blood going.
Td3 dogs n hogs
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 10:45:15 am »

Did you or anyone else get a chance to hunt with any of the real dough belly bred dogs? My uncle got a couple from a man that dealt directly with Don Quiney. Said they were big stout brindle dogs built to run if a hog cut out you better keep up with them because those dough belly dogs were gonna go as far as they had to. Im trying to get in touch with someone that possibly kept that dough belly blood going.
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 05:07:11 am »

I got two brindle females out of this liter and one black with brindle trim male .  They are some nice built dogs for sure but the male that is black with brindle trim is a real looker .  He is slick looking son of a gun nice dog.  Today was the first time I have ever put him on hog that could really put it to him if need be.  I got to say I was pretty impressed with him.  Put him in with another little older little more experienced dog and I got to say I was pretty impressed with him.  He is gonna  be a back end type of dog and smart.  He knew the hog could hurt him he head on and went to pulling gonads every time the hog went to taking off and stayed out of trouble the whole time.  He bayed well and very smart you could tell right off the bat hog is bred in them dogs .

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: