April 23, 2024, 05:43:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dog Killer Down  (Read 730 times)
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2017, 10:12:41 am »

I'll start by saying I wasn't on this hunt, but I thought it would be a good one to share anyways. The man that I hunt with does it for a living, but he is about to cut back to just a few days a week. Now he has been chasing one pig in particular for several years now. He has caught it several times, and every time it has killed dogs and gotten away. I believe Ole split toe has killed between 10-15 dogs and cut many more.

Before he gets out of hunting every day, he wanted to finally get this pig. So they loaded up a few teams Friday night and set out for him. They hunted for 14 hours before they tracked him down and got on him. He managed to kill one bull dog, almost killed the Mom to my pups, and cut down a few more dogs. But they finally managed to kill him. The bull dog was shredded and had a cut throat and was still hanging on to an ear, and Molly was cut all the way around her neck and was still holding on to him. Took a lot of dogs to finally get this boar, but the woods is a lot safer with him dead. Every dog with them proved themselves that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:17:59 am »

The bull dog that is by the pig in the last picture has never seen a pig or been hunting before, and he was hung on the nose with other dogs on ears/head. He'll be a good one. Also, I'm sorry for leaving out names but the man is not on this forum and I don't know if he would want me putting his name out there. Just thought it was a good story to share and give him some credit for the dogs he has trained. He has taken a lot of time to teach me things and take me under his wing when I know most wouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 07:54:23 pm »

Congrats, that's a heck of a story. That hog came at a high price, glad you got him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: