April 19, 2024, 10:01:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coon hunting  (Read 693 times)
Hawkins
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2017, 01:46:41 pm »

aAnybody have any coon dogs? Been thinking about getting one. I've hog hunted for years, but just don't go hardly anymore. Seems it would be easier to take one dog and tree a coon. Instead of loading several dogs, hog trailer, hobbles, catchdogs, vests, etc. Just go tree a coon, shoot it with a 22 and go home and still get your working dog fix.
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 04:06:02 pm »

Im not a coon hunter but I have a big game dog that will tree a coon, and have coon hunted quite a bit. You are right a nice pleasure hunting dog is a true pleasure to hunt and is much less involved equipment and dog power wise. I really enjoy it.
mike rogers
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 07:53:48 pm »

If you would like a pup to take and train then I can hook you up with one. I've got an American leopard cur male pup 15 weeks old. He's black and tan in color. He'll have a chop mouth.   You can run anything you want with him.  He'll be free all I ask is that you hunt him hard and keep me posted.

254-631-9883 text me if you want

mike
Hawkins
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 07:20:55 am »

If you would like a pup to take and train then I can hook you up with one. I've got an American leopard cur male pup 15 weeks old. He's black and tan in color. He'll have a chop mouth.   You can run anything you want with him.  He'll be free all I ask is that you hunt him hard and keep me posted.

mike
Thats is a very nice offer Mike. Don't hold him on my account. But I'll be gone for a week and will probably need to move another dog somewhere. But I may take you up on that offer. Do the parents hunt coons? They a long or short range type dog?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 09:06:28 am »

If you would like a pup to take and train then I can hook you up with one. I've got an American leopard cur male pup 15 weeks old. He's black and tan in color. He'll have a chop mouth.   You can run anything you want with him.  He'll be free all I ask is that you hunt him hard and keep me posted.

mike

Wow what a great offer! I have never hunted with Mikes dogs, but I have heard they are very very nice coondogs. I know just from chatting with Mike he is very serious about his breeding program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: