April 18, 2024, 01:15:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Progress on our catch dog program  (Read 1053 times)
Myles Man
Strike Dog

100 MPH in the right direction

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2017, 09:57:33 pm »

Things have been going good for us. Bob and I have been working together to keep the pit rfprogramr going in the right  direction.  We are doing our best to secure the future generations of catch dogs.  So far we are real happy with the outcome. These  proven  game bred genetics work well for us and our packs. The consistent trait George produces are mostly calm, mellow pups. He has passed down the brain power in many ways as well, showing lots of promise. He's a great producer.

Just as a reference point, George is over 10 years old and has caught over a thousand hogs in his career. Four years ago Bob purchased a 4 month old female named Rose. He put her in the woods and she was a natural. Very high driven and very energetic. I always referred to her as a lil torpedo. She had some issues with being a fireball in the yard. Thankfully her genetics were proven in the woods and she's a big part of our foundation. George and Rose produced 2 litters within an 18 month timeframe.

From the first litter, Bob kept Choco, the only Chocolate male out of 8 pups. I got my pick at the females and chose Lola. That litter set us up to where we are today. It's been great opportunity and we are happy with Choco and Lola as proven catch dogs.

The pedigree has good percentages of Chinaman/Frisco. We intend to keep it tight until we see the need to outcross. Probably  in a couple years we will have an outcross, but it will still be aimed towards a Garner pedigree.

September of 2016 we bred Lola back to her daddy George. She had a litter of 10 pups, 5 males and 5 females. The pups are now 7 months old and everyone seems to be satisfied.

We've got some great plans for the future to help secure more generations of great catch dogs.

My keeper from the GeorgexLola breeding  is Raina. She shows a lot of potential and this fall will be her time to team up with her momma in the woods. Her prey drive gets intense when we are messin around the yard....I've got to keep a close eye on them and make sure they don't "misunderstand" each other.

It's been a fun process and I just want to share the progress we have accomplished over the past few years. The future looks good and Lord willin we will keep breeding the best to best. Hopefully bless other working homes in need of a well bred pit from proven catch dogs.

George and Rose, our foundation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
Myles Man
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 10:08:49 pm »

Choco, Bobs keeper from the 1st  GeorgexRose breeding. He's a great catch dog. Choco will be the next stud to keep our pedigree tight.

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
Myles Man
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 10:33:45 pm »

I have Lola from the 1st GeorgexRose breeding. She's doing great. Has naturally caught the ear since 9 months old. She needs more woods time to get tested. Choco has caught some rank boars. This coming season will be Lola's first real season to get tested since I've got a stronger pack to help stop the runners....

Myles Man
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 10:34:01 pm »

I have Lola from the 1st GeorgexRose breeding. She's doing great. Has naturally caught the ear since 9 months old. She needs more woods time to get tested. Choco has caught some rank boars. This coming season will be Lola's first real season to get tested since I've got a stronger pack to help stop the runners....

Myles Man
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 01:01:39 am »

After Lola hit 24 months or so we bred her back to her daddy George. She had 10 pups and my pick from that breeding was Raina. She has been doing good.  This coming season she will be 12 months old and will be running with Lola to help catch. Lord willing Raina will begin the outcross.

Here's George and Lola along with Raina.

Myles Man
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 01:32:58 am »

Here's Maingo, Raina's brother.

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 01:09:45 pm »

Nice bulldogs fella

Amokabs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 08:30:45 pm »

Doing good work, keep it up
Pages: [1]   Go Up