April 19, 2024, 02:51:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New AB pup  (Read 2044 times)
Semmes
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 05:38:29 pm »

I have seen this line work for others in varying degrees...

Members of this board would be Scott, underdog, INABs
Semmes
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2017, 06:08:00 pm »

For those that don't know how to use the pedigree database link I posted, this dog also has Boudreaux's maverick stacked in his ped numerous times, so we expect that we may have to overcome some 'Gamey' (for lack of a better word)tendencies as he finds his way as well... but nothing folks already using game lines or any bulldog for that matter don't also police in an appropriate way for.

gary fuller
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2017, 06:59:46 pm »

my old patches bitch was a good example of working around  the nature of the beast with bulldogs. i always put her in the box with male dogs and none of the rat terriers( the little rats can be annoying)  walkin and at the fight she was totally focused and showed zero dog aggresion. yet after i had sent her to ralph she ended up got loose on his yard and killed one of his favorite females in real short order. he said these two locked eyes on the day he got her from the airport and he had to never let em close to each other.   and she went thru the whole yard of chained dogs to go get to the other female who was in a portable kennel. they knocked the kennel over and according to a neighbor in about 10 minutes patches was draggin around a dead bulldog. patches also was a dog someone else didnt want to walk up and slap either,lol. but she was perfect with me as i had her from 6 weeks old and watched her like a hawk and made sure she stayed on the path i wanted. ralph and his wife loved her but if i had sent her at around the age of the dog in this thread and did her how he was done she might have acted different to her new owners. ive had some bullldogs here( not ones i hunted with regularly that i wouldnt trust to put in most hands once they were grown but were fine here.
Semmes
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2017, 07:39:44 pm »

i remember patches was bred by kershner right and there is some question in whether she had some mayfield blood in her or not... not saying was or was not either way just that folks have questioned it. The dog in the first 'homewardbound' movie came from rod kershner didn't it? I think the one in the second movie 'chance' was bred by Lori haaker

Bulldogs, as has been said here before are and should be treated as a weapon accordingly.

But some of the best dogs when afforded that opportunity thru training, understanding the dog, and an even steady hand of discipline.

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2017, 12:47:53 pm »

Nice dog fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gary fuller
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2017, 06:41:34 pm »

obie, patches parents came from kershner and the only question on being mayfield blood in her  was how much,lol. the dog used by kershner was mayfields braskin( inbred,linebred nigger and sunshine) i talked to cole little and rod kershner years ago but forgot exactly how much apbt blood was most likely behind patches. cole said rod used more apbt  in some of his breedings than abs. kershner told me he would give me the correct pedigrees for a fee as he still owned the gabc then. as for the movie dogs, the dog used to play petey in the modern day little rascals came from kershner. symmes rattler of sure grip was the main dog used for close ups etc in homeward bound and i cant remember  about hb2.rattler was under a year old if i remember right.
Semmes
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2017, 07:33:02 pm »

Yeah, I stand corrected, I remember it was symmes' rattler in the first movie but I think it was kershner's screamer in the second.

Never seen a full ab ( if there is such a thing)with that pattern before or since...

Gary, I'm not on Facebook, Cody is and sends me stuff sometimes, I sure miss the days of message boards and relating to folks and hashing out subjects... guess it's just going by the wayside.

Sure appreciate mike and this board where it's still possible.
gary fuller
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2017, 05:49:59 pm »

yes obie i really appreciate this board and the fact they tolerate me even though im in california. i also dont do facebook. i guess i should if for no other reason than to sell my old bulldog mazazines. i still get orders but not like if i had a site still or was on  facebook. sad that those old magazines are the best written history source for the abs.  casey couturrier and jim edwards both had so much great research and neither ended up writing their books. i know friends in germany etc were very gald  their books didnt get written as germany would have used the books as legal evidence to apply their anti apbt bans to abs.
Swine-Stalker
Alpha Dog

Cody Everett

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2017, 02:04:03 pm »

He has done fully come around. Didn't take too long, as I'm a pretty likable guy haha. Just waiting on cooler weather to bring him to the pen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll all be equal under the grass, God's got a heaven for country trash

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work
for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
gary fuller
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2017, 06:32:31 pm »

good deal and hope he makes a good one for you.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: