March 29, 2024, 06:25:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dog Breeding  (Read 1157 times)
Hogbuster
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2017, 12:05:54 pm »

Can anyone tell me if it is still possible to get a BMC with some old school breeding? I was looking at  finding dogs with Wrights Yellow Jacket,Wrights Tia Sims,Wrights Bounty Trapper II, Duurrett's Rita. If so where and who? Also if y'all have some other suggestions on some similar breedings. 
    Another question I have is John Wayne Ross still handling registering BMC dogs?
Thanks
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 06:13:53 pm »

http://www.wrightscurs.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
Hogbuster
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 09:14:22 am »

Thank you for the information. I will try to get a hold of them. Is there any other suggestions on really good bloodlines that someone knows or reccomends. I had  a few dogs out of the Wright line and they were awesome. It has been awhile and trying to do some research.
jdt
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 04:21:26 pm »

there are a few that have dogs that go back to some of the same dogs that w ben came from . they have never been registered , promoted for sale or sensationalised .

the folks that have them don't breed to sell , they breed them to use , they breed to keep the line going and either give or sell  to somebody that they trust with the blood relativly cheap while keeping the rest of the pups for their own use .

sometimes when a guy has plenty to use he might sell a started dog . but they they are not advertised and sold on the internet , just by word of mouth .

good dogs CANNOT BE MASS PRODUCED .
Hogbuster
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 12:07:29 am »

Thank you for the response. However, I am aware of all the points that you have mentioned.  My intentions were to get on the site to  possibly find out if these dogs are still out there  with similar genetics. If there are and someone had a litter I would be interested. Been out of the game for awhile and like everyone else just trying to get a good line going again. I really like the History of the dogs and like talking about them. It took me years and several dogs to get a good cross that I throughly enjoyed as well as my fellow ranchers and hunters. I believe in starting out with a good foundation and then building from there.
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 07:46:51 pm »

I believe it was the Wright dogs from Randy Wright that I read about on here... seemed like it was complete hit or miss with a lot of people getting dogs that weren’t worth the food they were feeding them. I have no personal experience though, but do a search on here and you should see a good bit of info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 10:08:12 pm »

don't know if he even still works dogs anymore but if louis ross still hunts and works cattle ....he may have some good stock i've heard he could sick some on and call others off in hot weather penning cattle ...  he's stock should go way back if he still does it ..he is or was in the hemphill area of easttexas .....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: