April 24, 2024, 11:15:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10/20/17  (Read 516 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2017, 04:51:01 am »

Met up with Justin and my buddy Rhett last night and made a few stands predator hunting. Called a young coyote up on first stand and after Rhett misfired on the shotgun. I let the him have some lead. Made a few more stands with no luck. 6:30 am rolls around and we were kicking dogs out. My Sketch and Sloan gyps Justin's Loco dog and Rhett's little 5 month old Axl Pup. Drop dogs and they go to hunting. Spent a good while down by the big woods and come up empty. Sketch and Sloan come back and we headed north towards water while loco stuck it out hunting the big thicket. Just as I was getting frustrated thinking the hogs had moved out and my gyps weren't hunting very well which they always seem to get real queer when anyone else is with me. We were farting around trying to get a gate that had a Hotwire on it open, sketch and Sloan snuck off went 300 on the other side of a tank and struck a group. Justin watched a little boar run out the back side and gyps were coming right back to us hot on another hogs ass. They put that sow in the tank with the quickness and had bayed on the edge of the water in some tall water grass. She tried to break and run down the bank sketch got her to spin with some teeth in the back end and it gave me enough time to put a .44 hollow point right in her shoulders from about 60 yards across the tank. Rolled her up and we went to heading to her. They rolled over and couldn't catch up with anything else but for young green dogs I wasn't mad at all. That little sketch pup of mine is coming in to her own and at 15 months old I think she is the fastest dog I've ever seen move a track. She can pick that head up and flat smoke it down. Overall a good morning just having fun with good friends and trying to make a few dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: