March 28, 2024, 11:59:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High school football  (Read 1317 times)
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2017, 06:17:27 pm »

I don't know how many of you are following any teams but my buddy T-dog's son Jr Harris is having a heck of a season at linebacker for Rockdale. He is just plain knocking guys out of their  cleats. I have known this kid since He was a tadpoles. Saw him grab a dang sow 3 times his size when he was 6 and there was no doubt in his mind. Sure wish I could be down there to watch him.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 07:28:27 am »

Thomas has told me he was a good ball player. That's awesome he is doing good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 10:40:05 pm »

You aint joking Joel, Jr is flat laying kids out! He's the total package. I can't wait till they play Cameron Yoe that should be a good game.
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 12:40:02 am »

I believe they beat Cameron already, they are playing down in Houston next.
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 09:30:35 am »

Didn't know they already played, just googled it right now. That is a good win for them. Need to call Jimmy to talk some crap now hahahaha.
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 12:14:43 pm »

Yup, Jimmy was pretty quiet after that.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 03:46:45 pm »

It's been a while since I've written anything. I love high school football, especially when I have one playing. We are still in it. We beat a good team in Teague last night. We are starting to peak at just the right time. JR had a pretty solid game depicted a fractured thumb (from being bitten by a boar hog) and pneumonia.  We face the winner of the Yoakum/Goliad game tonight. Say some prayers for us we are sure close. I would to see Jr get a state ring on football to go with the 2 he has in track. It's exciting stuff.
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 07:26:51 am »

It's been a while since I've written anything. I love high school football, especially when I have one playing. We are still in it. We beat a good team in Teague last night. We are starting to peak at just the right time. JR had a pretty solid game depicted a fractured thumb (from being bitten by a boar hog) and pneumonia.  We face the winner of the Yoakum/Goliad game tonight. Say some prayers for us we are sure close. I would to see Jr get a state ring on football to go with the 2 he has in track. It's exciting stuff.
Congratulations to you and your son on a great season T Dog. Good luck this weekend against Yoakum. Hopefully you guys can get a W and come up to Jerry World next weekend. I love to watch good defensive players get after it!
-
Brock put it on Kemp pretty strong last night. They have a couple losses so we know they are beatable!

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 10:37:11 pm »

By golly, Rockdale did it again!  They are playing at Jerry's World  next week!
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 05:21:03 pm »

Thanks shotgun, looking forward to this next game. Yoakum was a really good team. They played hard but it wasn't enough. They had some big plays but when you play really good teams they're gonna make a few. They made a bunch of mistakes but that happens too when you meet a team with as much speed and physicality as we do. It was a  real sweet exclamation mark for my boy to create a fumble in their back field to give us the ball back and end the game. Brock will bring it, but we will too. It will be a good game.
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 08:49:30 pm »

Rockdale Tigers are your 3A D1 State Champs! Congrats to T Dog and Jr Harris! That’s quite an accomplishment!

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2017, 10:07:24 pm »

Pretty cool, down by 21 and score 44 straight to win!
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 04:59:04 pm »

Thanks Shotgun and WOW. That was a really fun experience. Super proud of our team. Of course I'm extremely proud of my boy, I always am. I've been BLESSED with 2 great boys. A lot of our local teams made a really good showing this season and went deep in the playoffs. Lexington and Milano are only 10 and 15 miles from us. I was real proud of Kyle and Ben from Milano. Kyle got offensive MVP for Milano's district and Jr got defensive MVP for Rockdale's district. I sure like seeing these young hunters succeed on the football field. For  those of you that don't know Ben and Kyle King from Milano, y'all should try and meet and hunt with them. They will listen to your advice and have enough sense to weed out the BS. They're good help in the woods too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: