April 24, 2024, 10:58:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parvo  (Read 1017 times)
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2017, 11:55:23 pm »

I just  read a post by Tom Garner where he used Tamiflu to treat a very sick parvo pup. The normal dosage is 1mg/# but doubled because it was an apbt. He did this at 12 hr  intervals really with a ai syringe so the pup didn't throw it back up. Said it took calls to 3 vets before one would prescribe . Does anyone else have any knowledge of this? 
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 09:08:54 am »

I've never heard of that being done. I'm assuming that the pup survived and is going to be fine?  How long did he treat it and how long before he knew it was working?  What even gave him the idea to try that? 
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 11:31:55 am »

By the second treatment the pup was up eating and acting fine. He had heard about it from someone else. I am guessing you would have to have a pretty good relationship with a vet as from what he and others said the vets that they were talking to had no experience with it.
Rough curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 01:33:07 pm »

Pedialyte works well also ,only if you catch it from the first signs.
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 06:06:35 pm »

I have fixed parvo a few times with MMS, its chlorine dioxide and sold a water purification kit, multiple sellers online about $20.

Ive also heard in a pinch water down bleach in the syringe rectal and down throat works but never done that one
Bowtech99
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 01:08:33 pm »

X2 on Pedialyte, I had 8 month pit come down with parvo. Every 3 hrs me and wife give him much as he could keep down.

That an fed him deer liver he come out of it
Big Game Joe
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 02:17:39 pm »

Many years ago my wife and I saved three pups we kept out of a litter that got parvo. The vet told us the only thing we could is to keep them hydrated. Parvo kills pups by dehydration. The pups will have diarreah and will be vomiting. We saved them by injecting Pepto Bismal directly into their stomach (via tubing and 30 cc syringe) every 2 to 3 hours. After 15 or 20 minutes, when they kept the PB down we would then inject dextrose or something similar to rehydrate. Now, this is every 2 or 3 hours around the clock for about 3 days. Not an easy task. But if you want to save your pups, this will work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: