April 23, 2024, 05:11:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1/8/18  (Read 503 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2018, 11:48:11 pm »

Carried Sloan and sketch out to Lazy 5. Just a few days off getting rolled up by a hog and tearing 2 ligaments in my ankle, figured I had to get back on the horse. Kicked them out and they felt like having some fun. Right off the back they take a track and start barking, wasn't their pig bark though. They'd bark and hush bark and hush, then all hell broke loose and I got around and they had a pretty good sized coyote stretched out. Talked them back and shot him. I wasn't much surprised as the hogs have moved out for the most part and coyotes have gotten bad and I have never minded my dogs running them if they're running to catch but I won't let them make a race out of one. Continued on and sketch struck a hog down in a gulley we run him around for a while and he lost em so on we went, made our usual loop with nothing much doing, dogs hunting well though. Sun goes to setting and we're almost back to the truck and sketch throws her nose up. I had been roping sloans feet just messing around and no sooner did I go to take a picture sketch finds the hog laid in some briars about 30 yards from us.  Drop the tie rope and Sloan gets in there and they caught a nice young boar. Talked them off and dropped number 6 for the year.  Dogs hunted hard and I'm liking that they're starting to show some grit.

hog was a tad bigger than he looks there. 100-115 maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 08:25:51 am »

Sounds like them young dogs are coming on for you

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 09:16:20 pm »

Good looking dogs slim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
GOODEN
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 10:54:30 pm »

Good looking dogs.

Lake Haven Kennels
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: