April 18, 2024, 07:14:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the furthest your dog has winded a Hog?  (Read 2377 times)
jdt
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2018, 12:36:32 pm »

when the wind is out of the north i can wind hogs myself at well over a mile but theirs about 1000 of em on concrete lol

i've been training young dogs when i knew where the stock was , sometimes they go into the the wind right to'em . other times they go nearly to'em and then turn up the wrong holler , then come back and do the same thing several more time before they figure it out . that will make you want to kill them lol

but the deal is that scent will swirl around in mysterios ways sometimes . like the old man said it all depends on the conditions .

on any given day your best dog can be made to look like a blithering idiot  Grin
BOBDOG
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2018, 10:13:35 am »

Warrent 423, tell us about your dogs breeding? Any pictures?
warrent423
Alpha Dog

Florida Cracker

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2018, 03:29:04 pm »

Don't know how to post pics. Go back through my posts and you will see him. He's the black and tan cur dog. He's Florida bred. Couple of older Florida family's blood, as well as some of ours. He's starting good, on both cattle and hogs.

Catchin hogs cracker style
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: