April 27, 2024, 06:01:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Close Hunting Dogs  (Read 4496 times)
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2018, 08:34:08 pm »

I don’t think anyone made the collar theory the solution, just an option for
The man to be able to contemplate using as a way to keep his dogs within certain boundaries and I can see the angle at which your approaching this without coming out and saying, “why don’t you use finder/holders”, instead in your typical style you try to cut the ones who use baydogs down and put those who use your style of dogs on a higher pedestal than the rest, rather you choose to believe me or not but I highly respect your opinions, views, and knowledge on dogs and actually have respect and admiration for your style of dogs,but they will just not be the most effective in a lot of places, maybe they will be the key to the door the original poster is trying to unlock and maybe they won’t, it’s for him to consider or try, but with all do respect there’s a place for finder holder type dogs and then there isn’t, they’re a specialized style of dogs who are suitable for only certain terrain and even though they may excell in certain areas they will not work in others, that doesn’t make them or the ones who use them any more superior than the ones who don’t, heck I even encourage the original poster to give them a try and see what he thinks...

I have and i like them (finder/holder), but my good bmc strike dogs will finish more tracks with a pig bayed on the end of it every time in any terrain. IMO thats when you turn your finder holder loose to them and if it breaks they will finish it, best of both worlds. Ive never had a hard finder/holder that was not a great lead in cd that worked better than a typical pit in diverse situations/runners or bay broken. I love them but my bmcs will out strike them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: