April 18, 2024, 12:39:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: White dogs  (Read 2370 times)
Jason Dunn
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2018, 07:36:50 am »

I've had the same quandary about AB's. Why do so many breeders insist on white dogs? They stick out like a sore thumb in the woods, making easy to be shot, grabbed by a mountain lion, or gored by a hog. not to mention health problems associated with tightly bred white dogs. And for protection purposes they have a hard time doing their job. I personally like a near solid brindle dog. you'll never see them coming at night, and just barely see them during the day in the woods.

I've had the same quandary about AB's. Why do so many breeders insist on white dogs? They stick out like a sore thumb in the woods, making easy to be shot, grabbed by a mountain lion, or gored by a hog. not to mention health problems associated with tightly bred white dogs. And for protection purposes they have a hard time doing their job. I personally like a near solid brindle dog. you'll never see them coming at night, and just barely see them during the day in the woods.
      I agree read somewhere most people are more afraid of a black dog I know a good dogs a good dog but color does seem to be a factor when it comes to longevity of a hog dog my brindle and black dogs rarely get a scratch but the ole mostly white dog has spent most of her life healing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: