April 19, 2024, 11:29:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old line Black Mouth Curs  (Read 6301 times)
parker49
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2018, 11:01:00 am »

anyone can cherry pick dogs out of lines ......but  its the consistancy in the lessor  working dogs  i get interested in ....
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2018, 11:04:32 am »

How good are the bad ones? I reckon that will tell you all you need to know about a line/family of dogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
jdt
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2018, 08:11:54 pm »

i may not fully understand the last 2 posts . and i've not been around this line of dogs but about 20 years off and on . but the ones i've seen are pretty consistent . they either stay hooked and stay in the right place naturally from the first time you turn them loose , or they are straight culls .

i've only seen or heard of very few of them that were culls . the folks before me has done most of the culling already lol

now they don't all make cold nosed deep hunting dogs , but then again nobody freeranges cattle or hogs on 80,000 acres anymore either .

if i was strictly hog hunting , casting from the truck i would need some of'em to operate a little different . but hunting cattle and hogs horseback , either side of a 1/4 mile range is plenty . like i said i don't have to get a horse hot trying to get to a bay if you know what i mean . Wink

i've had dogs jump a deer and go a good ways till they hit a lone  track and go another ways and get bayed on a bucking bull , get there and his ear might be bleeding but he would be settled enough alot of times to ride up and toss a loop on him . sometimes it goes the other way having to waller him around in the brush till you can get a rope on him . but i could not do without my dogs .
jdt
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2018, 02:41:45 pm »

me and another guy went to pen and palpate my heifers the other day . i got 48 on about 200 acres and they was in 3 different bunches . i just took 2 1 1/2 yo pups . they found the first bunch about 500 yds we sat and watched them get them settled a little while when another bunch came to the bay . we started driving and picked up the other bunch on the way out .

it was about a mile to the pen and we never had a bobble with them brangus heifers . never got a horse out of a walk . now when we started workin around them on foot it got western purty quik haha .

them pups are the first i ever had that if the cattle were settled will start trying to lead them back the way they came from .
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: