April 19, 2024, 04:39:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dog with sore feet  (Read 520 times)
hoghunter59
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2018, 03:40:09 pm »

I have a 5 year old cur jip that gets so sore in all four of her feet after one pretty good hunt that she can hardly walk. Her nails are all long and if I cut just a little off they bleed. I have checked her pads and they seem to be in good shape every time that she gets lame. Not sure what to do about it but I think it’s her nails that are making her limp so bad. Has any one else seen this happen?
Pwilson_10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 10:39:13 am »

I have a 5 year old cur jip that gets so sore in all four of her feet after one pretty good hunt that she can hardly walk. Her nails are all long and if I cut just a little off they bleed. I have checked her pads and they seem to be in good shape every time that she gets lame. Not sure what to do about it but I think it’s her nails that are making her limp so bad. Has any one else seen this happen?
U think it may be in her joints maybe try some them joint pills cuz if her pads aren’t worn out it’s got to be in side some were so its got to be a joint problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hoghunter59
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 03:21:33 pm »

Gonna see my get when I get home and see what he thinks.
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 03:28:15 pm »

What do you keep her in, if possible put her on concrete and she will wear her nails down to where they need to be naturally, if her nails are affecting her movement then it’s messing with her posture and that has a ripple affect that leads to other skeletal structure problems which lead to soreness and lameness and it could be hindering her if your sitting her up after each time she gets lame, she might not be getting enough time to work all her soreness out and get her muscles and joints back accustomed to a lot of work and movement, if she’s not lame to the point where she can’t move try working her out for a couple of days in a row or maybe light workouts for a week or two...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
hoghunter59
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 07:59:06 am »

Thanks, she is on concrete and I don’t understand why they want wear down, she’s the only one that don’t wear down. I’ve only had her for four months and she was put up almost a year before that. I’m hoping it’s part of getting back in shape. Plus it don’t help I work in Egypt 28 days at a time but I do get my kids to run her in a 7 acre pasture 2-3 times a week.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 08:12:07 am »

Could be the arch of her feet or just soft feet some dogs from time to time just have soft feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: