April 27, 2024, 03:47:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Triple Crown and Greatness  (Read 2280 times)
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 08:47:04 pm »

I was thinking he might be too big boned for the 1.5 miles...however he looks somewhat like Secretariat and proved to be a lot like him...just a big and powerful horse...

I think the bigger more powerful horses can really shine in the Belmont due to the distance. I think they carry the weight better over the distance and I think the wider turns at Belmont help too. Thats why some of the greatest performances and race times have all come from really big horse i.e. Secretariat, Man o War, and War Admiral to name a few.

Goose I think you are right, the guy who owned Noble Indy and Vino Rosso was saying leading up to the race that Noble Indy would have the lead no matter what it took. Well Baffert is very intelligent and this is not his first rodeo and he knew that somebody pushing Justify and creating a really fast pace would be disastrous for a front running Justify. Therefor he had his own plan to make sure that didn't happen. Thats called strategy and racing, and as long as his horses both rode a clean race which they did it is not illegal. That owner is just bitter that he was out played at his own game.

Yep, competition is competition and if you ain’t pushing limits you ain’t trying hard enough, I applaud Baffert for a brilliant strategy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: