April 19, 2024, 11:03:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rcd/lead in pups  (Read 1131 times)
hyan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2018, 07:49:23 am »

My wife’s dog had her litter last night into this morning daddy is Indian valley ranch catch dog storm and bitch is my wife’s catch dog Dane x American bulldog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAUKA 2 MAKAI
Sambo5500
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 11:57:41 am »

Been a long time since I've said much on here but, that is awesome that she had pups. I've actually hunted with your dog up at Dean's place. The blonde stag in the pic is the father to my current finder holder style dogs. When I was up there with your dog we caught 2 that day. She was hung up on a 200# sow for about 10 minutes while we killed another pig and got to her with my old dog grizz and magnus.
hyan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 08:59:04 pm »

Been a long time since I've said much on here but, that is awesome that she had pups. I've actually hunted with your dog up at Dean's place. The blonde stag in the pic is the father to my current finder holder style dogs. When I was up there with your dog we caught 2 that day. She was hung up on a 200# sow for about 10 minutes while we killed another pig and got to her with my old dog grizz and magnus.
Who is the mom?

MAUKA 2 MAKAI
Sambo5500
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 08:34:24 am »

Macy his 3/4 pit 1/4 cane corso. Magnus is mostly wolfhound with some deerhound and greyhound. They are almost 10 months old now. I have a male and female that I took. Been on a few pigs already. Doing very well. The male is a stud and the female gets better every time.
hyan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 09:37:16 am »

Macy his 3/4 pit 1/4 cane corso. Magnus is mostly wolfhound with some deerhound and greyhound. They are almost 10 months old now. I have a male and female that I took. Been on a few pigs already. Doing very well. The male is a stud and the female gets better every time.
O u got one of them pups hell yea I like Magnus sister she was a beautiful dog

MAUKA 2 MAKAI
Sambo5500
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 10:15:56 am »

Yup I like these 2 so far. I have hunted with the parents and grandparents on both sides for a few years now with Dean. I really enjoy this style of hunting.
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 07:03:36 pm »

Thank you Sambo.       Yeah Hyan, ol Sambo has hunted behind Pettey back not long after I got her and started training on her.    I think he being modest on the weight of that big sow Pettey pealed off and caught on her own.    We had another catch closer to us and Pettey and her pig were silent.    I got to looking for her and caught a glimps of her on a side of a small hill holding what looked to be a good one.   We got there and Pettey was holding a great sow.      I think that may have been her first good solo catch but not sure, Sam might remember more of the stag of progression she was in at that time.     
         She had some very pretty pups.     I look forward to a nice big female.      I liked Pettey, she was a special dog and has a very special story.     Hard to belive such a kind caring and beautiful dog was unwanted.    Then I got her and turned her into a savage lol.   She was very well recieved by my dogs eventhough im sure she had never spent a night outside a house.       She made her mark in the hierarchy of my pens at the time and took no prisoners especially from young Macey at the time who on one to many occasion tried to bully Pettey off a frozen pig quarter.   Haha I'll never forget Pettey standing her ground and grabbing up a young Macey off all 4 feet then slamming her back to earth then letting go.        It was another first for Pettey.   When i got her, despite her being an unwanted dog, I could watch her around mine and tell she had never been allowed to be savage.    Seemed like she never had to stand her ground.   That bull dog nature come out pretty easy though in my environment and she started becoming a real dog.          She was unique.    A very gentle and loving dog torn between her bulldog nature and and being a nurturer and loving dog.       When i first started developing her you could see how she was confused.   The gentle nature she always knew and was taught vs what I was wanting and the very nature of her breed I was trying to bring out in her.     I could see the trigger trip but it was so strang and against anything she ever was allowed.    Unless it faught her she would not engage.    Her lack of style at first was hilarious.     She was hard and I wanted her to be a one out big boar dog.  I introduced her to a good boar by herself once after she knew what i was wanting from her.      She never confronted a good pig by herself.   Never knew how to handle one one out yet but that day was the day.      Bitch took a beatting because of her lack of style and understanding how to one out a good pig and after being on her back a couple times she got serious and the nonsense stopped lol.     She is harder than a lot of dogs but it just took a pig wanting to turn and hit her for her to engage for some time lol.       
    Omg! Bitch can eat too!       
  She a very unique and special dog with a heck of a story.    I had faith in her and was proud to develop her as much as i did before sending her to you.       I'm very glad she found a great home and is loved as much as she is there.           
Semmes
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 05:53:33 pm »

Good luck with em Kia. Hope you get some sure nuff bangers and get em in some good working homes.
Like the color on em as a bonus.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 07:10:31 pm »

Nice pups should make some big ol dogs

Sambo5500
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 07:53:43 am »

Dean your probably right, I bet that sow was 250+. I think you did say that was her first real good one by herself. I know you said by then she had caught a few good ones with magnus. Judge, say they are gonna be big is an understatement! Peety is a huge dog. I got a good laugh out of it when I was up there. When all the dogs were in the truck together, my old bulldog grizz was standing completely underneath her.
hyan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 09:57:07 am »

Thanks dean yea that dog is spoiled by my wife holy crap it’s like another kid.

MAUKA 2 MAKAI
hyan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 10:01:28 am »

Dean your probably right, I bet that sow was 250+. I think you did say that was her first real good one by herself. I know you said by then she had caught a few good ones with magnus. Judge, say they are gonna be big is an understatement! Peety is a huge dog. I got a good laugh out of it when I was up there. When all the dogs were in the truck together, my old bulldog grizz was standing completely underneath her.

I don’t think they will be any where near her size I bred her to a dog that I like but was a lot smaller then her to bring the size down. They are both hard as hell dogs I am hoping the pups get some of her brains and leg but bring the size down and keep the hardness.they are only gonna be 1/4 Dane vs Pete 1/2 

MAUKA 2 MAKAI
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 02:20:28 pm »

I bet they will still be pretty big, and I bet they will make you some nice ones forsure! I will be watching how they progress for you.

Do you still have VP Pence?
hyan
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 06:44:57 pm »

I bet they will still be pretty big, and I bet they will make you some nice ones forsure! I will be watching how they progress for you.

No he had a problem with my wife n she well yea no I don’t have him

MAUKA 2 MAKAI
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 12:12:50 am »

No he had a problem with my wife n she well yea no I don’t have him

Yup understood

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: