March 29, 2024, 09:26:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What family or line of dogs do you hunt  (Read 2032 times)
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2018, 10:52:00 pm »

I hunt 2 separate families of curr dogs that I have crossed a couple times now...….in another 3-5yrs they more than likely will be completely mixed...…...if I can keep what I have left alive that long..... 1 line is a line of yella stock bred dogs and the other is a line of east texas curr dogs that from what I understand were just bred to be hunting dogs, I don't believe they were ever used or intended to be used on cattle from all the conversations ive had in the past about them. But hell at the rate im going this year I may be on here looking for someone to throw me a dog or two so I can hunt next season lol, its been a rough year. Lost a hell of a 3yr old dog to an hole in the butt of a boar hog and found my #1 dog dead on his chain last month out of the blue. the 3yr old was a 50/50 cross between the two lines and the other was 100% out of the stock dog line...luckily I have a pair of pups out of both of them so I can't complain too much.

Hate to hear that Justin. Was it your Buddy dog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yessir, buddy met his match on a 225ish boar hog back in late february and I found my older dog slick dead on his chain in early may.

Aw man I’m sorry to hear that. I remember a while back I had a thread about rough dogs and you posted about both of them in there. I really liked the looks and the sound of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: