April 24, 2024, 08:20:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slipped pads  (Read 793 times)
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2018, 03:27:22 pm »

Unless there is an underlying issue like was mentioned above, just keep running them until they callous over, there isn’t a product that’s a cure all, some may help out with the problem, think about a person going to work for the very first time, they’re never going to get tough hands by wearing gloves all the time or staying home every time they have a blister, the best thing I found is to run it back on them, I thought my papa was pulling my leg the very first time I asked him that question, I’ve had folks tell me that could really break a young dogs spirit, I don’t mean to sound like a hard ass or smart ass but if that breaks their spirit then there wasn’t much there to be broken to begin with, if a dog keeps on going after they have made ground meat out of their feet you can really check to see exactly how much they love doing their job, some just have a genetic predisposition to have softer feet, one of the foundation males that I’ve bred around was always raw footed no matter what was put on him or how much he was hunted, I’ve had to keep a
Close eye and get rid of a few nice dogs because they had white pads that stayed soft and raw...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: