April 25, 2024, 12:28:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zero Turn Mowers  (Read 792 times)
Freedom-Fighter00
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2018, 06:24:08 pm »

So, I’m looking at the Scag Patriot and the Gravely Pro Series 152. Both pretty much are built identical both having the FX Kawasaki engine and the 3400 Trannys. I can just get the Scag about 1000 dollars cheaper due to the military discount Scag is running until Sept. Any help would be good. Just curious what u men and ladies are using. I live on about 4 acres of uneven terrain.
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 07:35:20 pm »

Welll sir them Kawasaki motors’s are tuff- my dad has one with no telling how many hours -it it a older one- the hour meter stopped at 1k hours and have ran the crap out of it since then.I have a hustler with a 31hp Kawasaki and it is a sho nuff bad boy
My uncle has a Skagg with a 23 hp skagg and is a fine mower. He don’t buy junk. I’ve never been on one myself personally but I know they make good stuff-I don’t think you can go wrong with that choice especially with that 1000 off but more than that thank you for your service!!!

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 03:32:59 am »

I don't think you can go wrong with either one my paw in law has a gravely and it been real good mower I have a Scag and have had good luck out of it to when I bought mine the Scag had little better warranty and was little cheaper that's why I bought it and it's been real good

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 04:56:40 am »

I run a Ferris commercial grade with a Kawasaki engine.  34” deck to maneuver around trees and get through walk gates. Paid $5k, happy with it so far.
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 12:18:36 pm »

I've always cut grass on the side with my neighbor and a good friend when he needs help, he has ran scags for over 20 years, I've only been on a few gravelys and they were nice built machines but more expensive to work on, I've put them scags in some tough situations at times and they've always held up, I have one  now that I did some trading with my friend that has no telling how many hours on it, I know it's around 10 years old and looks like a bent up orange rust bucket but still runs good, my advice is whatever brand you go with to make sure it has a floating deck that you can manually move with your foot, they have a peddle you push, I bought a diesel bad boy mower that had an electric deal on that you had stop make your adjustments and them proceed cutting and it was a pain in the ass and stayed tore up, my dad has a hustler brand that's works good but has the same problem with the deck, even though it's a manual lever that you adjust, it just makes life easier if you got roots or bumpy terrain, you can pick your deck up on the move and immediately lower it back down, it's not a major issue but for what one of the machines cost might as well get one that easy to use and like anything else, PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE, is the key to making these things last, another useful piece of advice, talk to your dealer about it, I can't remember the name but it's a type of silicone based spray that you can coat your undercarriage with that doesn't allow grass and dirt to stick to and build up on your deck...
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 09:44:27 am »

I did lawn care on the side for a while. I owned a pair of Gravely mowers, a 60” zero turn and a 36” wall behind. They’re solid machines and will do you right. The Scags were more money back then, thays why I went Hravely. All those machines are built to commercial standards and will handle what you throw at them. Just keep them maintained properly.
But if I could save $1,000.00 on one, I’d be riding the big orange mower.
Lacy man
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 06:35:31 am »

I sure like my Kubota diesel 72inch cut, I can wipe out the yard in no time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Freedom-Fighter00
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 11:40:30 am »

Thanks-You, Guys. I went on and settled with the Kubota Zt326 Diesel I think is what it is. 60 inch deck. I appreciate all the input and advice. I bought this machine used. 2013 with 300 hours on it. I contacted Kubota and they said that 300 hours for a 5 year old mower diesel isn’t nothing. I give 5k for it. It’s still under Kubota warranty. Extended warranty. Hope I made the correct decision. I figured can’t go wrong with the diesel.
Thanks again,
Lacy man
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 06:51:02 am »

Thanks-You, Guys. I went on and settled with the Kubota Zt326 Diesel I think is what it is. 60 inch deck. I appreciate all the input and advice. I bought this machine used. 2013 with 300 hours on it. I contacted Kubota and they said that 300 hours for a 5 year old mower diesel isn’t nothing. I give 5k for it. It’s still under Kubota warranty. Extended warranty. Hope I made the correct decision. I figured can’t go wrong with the diesel.
Thanks again,
You ll love it good choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: