April 28, 2024, 10:10:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gyps Cycling and Dog Food Issues?  (Read 749 times)
sanman
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2018, 07:52:58 am »

I have been struggling with a gyp I have for several years. She is pretty tightly bred, so I thought that may have something to do with it. She would barely swell, and never had what I would consider a real heat cycle. She is 5ish now. Last heat cycle she showed a little bit more than ever before, and I managed to get her stuck twice, but only while holding her. She never took, and I began doing some research trying to figure out if there was anything I could do to get her to cycle correctly and get bred. I ran across this post and gave it a try. I have always fed Diamond High Energy. I went and got a bag of Ole Roy to feed her. I knew when she was supposed to come in so I started about a month out. I will say that she has swollen up more than she ever has, and I got her stuck twice so far this week. Once being held, and the other was just in the pen. She is actually flagging and everything this time. First time she had ever done that. I also picked up some Thyro Tabs to see if I could boost her thyroid a little more.
Thanks for the info fellas. Gonna cross my fingers and hopefully she will stick and carry them through.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: