April 25, 2024, 05:08:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7/29/18  (Read 330 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2018, 10:56:39 am »

Hadn’t been hunting lately due to a lot of different things. Between family and losing most of my country to someone trespassing and destroying a brand new dirt road after 6” of rain. Started to sell off my best gyp and my uncle who sparked my original interest in this dog thing and I respect more than anyone called me and talked me out of it. Told me to come spend the weekend at the ranch and we’d make a round Sunday morning. So that’s what we did. Hunting with my uncle isn’t really hunting, it’s more just kind of riding around slowly, telling a story or 2 and a few lies and waiting on a bark. Morning wore on and dogs were doing alright, just couldn’t get one pulled up. Finally about 8:45 loco and sketch took out up this ridge off a feeder crossed a hay pasture up top and went down into the marsh on the back side of a big tank and bayed. We ease that way and get to about 200 yards and just sit and listen. Been a solid month since I had heard a bay. Sat for 15-20 minutes and I could tell they were getting hot. So we braved that old rattlesnake infested marsh and went to them. Got in there and they had a pretty healthy boar in some waist high switch grass. Talked them dogs back a little and made his head rattle. Dogs worked real good for being out up so long and getting to do it with my uncle made it probably one of the most enjoyable times I’ve had with the dogs out this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: