March 28, 2024, 11:20:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dan's Chaps  (Read 1032 times)
jstankus
Bay Dog

Cracker Curs

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2018, 09:55:57 am »

Had a close encounter with a cottonmouth. I hunt the Florida swamps in jeans and tennis shoes, but I'm curious if anyone has tried Dan's Chaps? The snake proof ones look very heavy but do the other ones provide any protection in the event of a snake bit? Just curious what others are doing.
BriarBay
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 02:52:16 pm »

In March I bought a pair of 5 Star chaps with Dans boots attached...wearing them over pants I feel protected enough. The dans boots started off great but started to delam terribly after 2 months of light wear. They sent me a brand new pair, but I’m skeptical that the new pair will do the same.  Id recommend going with the muck boots, as my regular muck boots lasted 3-4 years before delam issues.
cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 08:37:46 am »

I have the old wicks chaps. No comparison to the new ones made.

A couple buddies have the Dans. They use a plastic clip for the waist clip. it usually breaks pretty quick. They also have the snakeproof. Way to hot for Fl Hunting for me. But they like them. The Muck boots also separate from the sole after 1 1/2 to 2 years. I get better life from the Lacrosse boots.

I dont worry ever about snakes. If you do worry about that, the regular ones of all them, I think would be sufficient.

My Wicks were leaking some after many years of use. I bought the stone creek ones. They seem good after 6 months of use. I wish they used a metal button instead of the plastic clips also. I broke one already shutting it in the truck door.
http://www.stonecreekhounds.com/product/lacrosse-grange-frog-leg-waders/
jstankus
Bay Dog

Cracker Curs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 08:42:10 am »

Thanks for the tips. I'll stick with my jean and tennis shoes, nothing is 100% and seems more of a hassle than what it's worth.
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 10:50:52 am »

Get you some of the leg gaiters snake guards, along time ago when I used to hunt the river by boat during the summer time all I ever wore was tennis shoes, there's nothing better to wear if you don't mind wet feet,
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 12:03:27 pm »

Straight cowboy boot over here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 12:58:24 pm »

Ill never go back. You stay 95% dry most of the time. I hunt central Fl and its always wet. Plus you can wear shorts under them! Wink
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 01:08:31 pm »

Straight cowboy boot over here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm an ariat man myself, but will admit I keep a pair of Lacrosse lol, I don't mind my feet getting wet if need be but do enjoy keeping them dry as I can these days...
jstankus
Bay Dog

Cracker Curs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 01:14:13 pm »

Goose,

Great idea, I order some for $17 on eaby. They look like weight. Did you ever get your cracker curs?
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 06:04:57 pm »

Goose,

Great idea, I order some for $17 on eaby. They look like weight. Did you ever get your cracker curs?

I've owned several pair and still have some hanging in the shed that are 11 years old or so....

Were you asking me if I ever got my cracker curs?
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 08:49:37 pm »

mule chaps are great for summer and winter, ck them out fair price very durable
jstankus
Bay Dog

Cracker Curs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 03:08:11 pm »

yes goose. You were getting some right?
Pages: [1]   Go Up