March 29, 2024, 02:52:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Australian Bandog  (Read 8181 times)
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2019, 08:31:24 am »

I feel like the gameness is restricted in the bigger dogs due to the amount of oxygen they use in the begging of the engagement. Once there energy is depleted they slowly give up. The bulldog is genetically maxed out in its size for the right amount of each attributes. So the quit or cur in them doesn’t show up as much plus two hundred yrs of battle helps. This is why no dog can match them pound for pound. Just my two cents. Good luck in your ventures young man hope you can find what you want looks like your on a good start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It really depends on the physical size of the dogs heart, many of those large hunting breeds have not been bred for endurance for hundreds of years, sad story

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2019, 08:40:35 am »

Appreciate it gentlemen. I have no plans to throw her on hogs atm. She’s being groomed to become my high level bitework/ sport competition dog.

So far I’m EXTREMELY pleased with how she’s turning out.

In the meantime - I’m looking to compliment this Bandogs strengths/mitigate his weaknesses (excessive size/weight) and am actively seeking feedback.

I have a few dogs here in my stable - and would love to make an all around running catch dog. Ultimately one capable of working hogs/coyote with some defense drive/man aggression.

This dog is pretty close to my ideal “running catchdog type” - and is in the UK. He’s a neoXPresa x Grey

Looks to have good leg - likely decent wind.
A “light coursing Mastiff” of sorts.

Would this be something avid hog hunters would appreciate? Is this dog too light in type? And what are the experiences hunting with Sighthound/staghound blood.

Someone was kind enough to mention how the bite style changed? Does heavy Sighthound blood make them “head and neck dogs” as opposed to dogs who catch on the ear?

Brendan, isnt this dog a neo x presaxalaunt? Excellent confirmation

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
BrendanG
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2019, 02:18:37 pm »

Yes. The particular dog pictured - his grandsire is my female mastino’s father - Hunter Kennel’s Red Devil - aka Cello

Still planning the pairing - it’ll just occur this fall.

Hatchet is doin well - currently growing out his son and a younger daughter. Super outgoing line of stags - act a lot like Labrador’s, confident socially with sound environmentals.

Cass is maturing nicely and is goin on 3 this fall.

c6fbf7880ec72cef93b1e882dfbdc68a.jpg[/IMG]

BrendanG
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2019, 02:21:49 pm »

Gammonwood Mastiffs in NZ/AU runs an English Mastiff x Greyhound Cross - an outcross to improve health in the English Mastiff.

Hopefully we get something similar using performance selected stock.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: