April 25, 2024, 03:07:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vest for rough curs  (Read 3800 times)
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2018, 12:13:25 pm »

The guy that mentored me doesn’t believe in running vests at all, his reasoning is this... His thinking is that a dog that can feel the pain will learn to move so that he doesn’t get hit where as a dog that can’t feel it as much will take more abuse that could wind up being fatal. He also always says that if someone grabs you and you’re wearing a hoodie it’s a lot easier to hold on to you compared to if you weren’t wearing a shirt and they were trying to grab skin.

With that being said, my bull dog usually wears a vests, but he always runs hot. I haven’t been taking him lately but I think I’m gonna get the half vest from southern cross and see if that helps with the heat. Right now he has a full bay vest from hardcore.

Keep in mind we don’t use a designated catch dog or any lead ins. We run rough dogs and usually have 2-3 pits on the ground. Usually have one to two dogs that are longer range dogs and a handful of RCD’s. Every dog we use will find their own pig if it’s close. Even the pits will wind them or hunt close.

Also if you’re around water, hardcore gives the option to have flotation added to vests. I have it on my pits and you can’t really tell it’s there. It helps him a lot with swimming through the swamp and river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: