March 29, 2024, 07:42:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vest for rough curs  (Read 3596 times)
chipolariverman
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2018, 03:28:52 pm »

jstankus I have this same boarbib from wildboar USA.  I like it but honestly I have used it on a 80Lb RCD Cur and it rubs his front legs bad.  Bad to the point that I don't use it anymore.  I may be too big therefore causing it to hang down too low and rub his legs.

I also struggle with this and have a toolbox full of all kinds of vest.  I agree with The Rednose 100% with regards to starting the dog in cooler weather and let them acclimate to the vest as summer comes on.  My bulldog runs a SouthernStyle Bikini Suit that was actually bought from SouthernStyle before HardCore bought them out but I love this vest.  To the point that I ordered a 2nd one from HardCore.  It looks like it has been in a blender but is still holding up.  It is light and very flexible but honestly I do believe it limits their movement to a point. 

There is a guy in Texas that makes the Ausie style and is good to work with.  I tried several different ones but I didn't end up with one that would fit.  He ran wolfhounds if I remember correct.  They ain't built like a FL Cur if you follow me.  His vest are like the breastplates the Ausie guys use.  Very open. 

When you find one that works let me know, LOL.  I am in North FL and we deal with alot of water also and humidity and heat.  And we hunt right on through the summer.  It is brutal to be honest with you. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: