April 19, 2024, 05:24:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo strike dogs  (Read 2788 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2018, 09:48:38 pm »

Many years ago I was given a young dog out of the Doebelly stuff. He had everything I desired in a hog dog. I had a dog at the time that everything on my yard goes back to at the time, a once in a lifetime dog. I hunted those 2 together for probably 3 years. Then my older dog got cut up pretty good and I took the other dog solo. I saw a track and could tell he was smelling it but wouldn't leave on it. He run it 150 yards or so and stop and wait on me. I couldn't get him to finish it for nothing. It made me so mad that I came home and called my buddy and told him that if he wanted him to come get him or I was gonna cull him another way. Of course he  came and got him. With my old dog,  he was a go hunting, hair pulling, stay put son of a gun. My buddy got him and started hunting him as a lead dog and in a few months he was top notch, doing it alone or with help. I say this to say be patient. He wasn't a puppy when this happened.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: