April 23, 2024, 04:57:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo strike dogs  (Read 2921 times)
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2018, 02:10:17 pm »

This particular female is one of those dogs that doesn’t come around a dog mans life very often, you can just about drop her anywhere at anytime of day or year and she’s going to put you on a hog if there’s any around, if she catches the slightest scent she is going to try her damndest to grub it out, she’s pretty smart and has developed a “hog sense”, for lack of better words after taking some cuttings in her younger years, if the area is conducive to this style of hunting I’ll get her started on a track and go on about hunting the other dogs, I’ll keep tabs on her in the Garmin and once it shows her sitting down in an area for a length of time and making small circles around a certain spot I’ll slip to her and she will not be saying a word until she can hear or smell me coming in or killing the truck or buggy, or I send her some help, once she has a good hog settled she’ll leave him alone and put no pressure on him, to some this may be a cull factor but something I can live with with the number of good hogs she’s produced solo, if she’s got help she will bay but not one of them barking every minute lighting the woods up kinda bays, she’s the best dog I’ve ever owned and one of the best I’ve ever hunted behind as well, she’s exceptionally nice and the stars were aligned or something when we came into each other lives, she’s the main foundation which I’m currently breeding around, and eventually everything on my yard will go back to her, I have several nice daughters off her that are nice dogs themselves...

Goose she is a nice looking female, I haven't had a chance to read the rest of your posts below but how is she bred? You going to breed her to one of your running hound crosses? The more I hunt out here the more I lean toward the hound blood so I am always interested when I see a hound or hound cross.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: