April 19, 2024, 04:06:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lost old zeke  (Read 3750 times)
jdt
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2018, 07:17:19 pm »

yessir , he's a real hand . and he'll be the the first to tell you he didndt make them dogs what they are , he just keptem good . from the folks he got'em from .

in my opinion he's done that and more .  i took 2 young dogs out to help a guy gather his forest service cattlle in the mountains of se oklahoma . i was sent on a hunt up a holler between 2 mountains to look for cattle . went a goood ways dogs hit a track and left , these dogs had never seen a hog .i said to the other 2 we'll bay cattle in a minute . sure enuff after we peed and got a dip of snuff we could bareley hear the bay . i was kinda proud of my young dogs as they had not been used a whole lot .

started towards them and seen a few hogs slipping out , got to the bay and they had a younger sow bayed in open woods . wahtced for a little while and thought i might just rope her and mark her for him . she broke twice and then the last time i called'em off and went back to cowhunting .

last year on that same deal with the same young dogs i drove cattle back 6-7 miles and put them cattle thru a 8 foot wire gap by my self . i aint that good of a hand , thats just raising them to be big enough to work and then relying on genetics .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: