March 28, 2024, 02:07:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: july hound / jagd t. cross  (Read 799 times)
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2018, 08:31:59 pm »

There’s not much difference in July’s, walkers, triggs, or Goodman’s, they all started from the same stock but were bred by separate breeders and bred for different traits that suited each breeder, much like todays cur dogs before a few individuals realized they could capitalize on others ignorance by coming up with flashy ads and breed registries, just about every dog I own has some running walker blood in them, some are 50% and some like 1/16th, you can’t categorize a breed of dogs based of the observations of a few individuals, I wouldn’t say the July’s are anymore tighter mouthed than any other breed/line of running type dogs, especially this day and time, the days of the foxhounds running the country side are just about all but over and that leaves the individuals who still want to do it having to run in fox and coyote pens and that’s a whole topic in itself, that’s an entire different dog than what was once prominent, I’m not scared to say that over 50% of your running dogs today are pen bred, meaning they have no nose, just like the coon hunting competitions the speed and drive trials have bred dogs away from good honest hound work, a dog a man can take to the woods and track and trail game, most running dogs today have no clue how to work out and grub out and old track and if they do get jumped if they make a lose they usually pick up the next hot track they find and take that track, I wouldn’t so much worry about what breed of dogs it’s from as I would be what breeder it came from and what they were used for, I’m interested into seeing what comes of them, please keep us updated, a guy around here bred a bulldog to a running walker several years ago and the results were disappointing, he just knew he had the next big thing, what didn’t get killed in their first year of hunting was culled later because they were nothing but bay busters, they would try a settled bay hog and cause it to break again or they didn’t have the ass to catch and hold until the hunters could get there...

gotcha, this july h is out of dogs that run tracks fast and quiet "run and catch" type dog but although they catch foxs she bayes hogs and is a good gyp. something fun to work with this fall until i get more line bred yellow pups of age to start...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: