April 28, 2024, 07:44:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some of my past catch dogs.  (Read 3030 times)
Aussie Dogger
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2018, 05:35:41 pm »

No. On some of my chains in the past I had a heavy swivel attached to a heavy bullsnap and have never had a problem with the chains knotting up. I keep most of them under trees and once in a while a limb will fall & get caught up in a chain & it will get tangled. I have a Plott gyp about 10 months old & I swear she collects every stick that falls in reach and all the limbs and sticks end up in a pile where the stake is. lol
Thats cool Cajun, sounds like you have it sorted and it works for you.

[/quote]
at the hardware store you can buy 1 heavy duty swivel with 2 heavy duty quick links and you can attach that to the collar and chain...and you can use the same setup at the other end of the chain and it will not ball up or twist on you...
[/quote]
G'day Reuben,
A lot of fellas down here do have there dogs on chains, they just don't run them as heavy duty as in the States. Depending where your geographical location is some of us prefer to have dogs off the ground, this is to reduce attacks from pests ( fleas, ticks etc ) and from deadly snake bites.

Thanks for your reply's fellas.

Cheers
Dom
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: