April 28, 2024, 05:05:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deer July hound for hogs  (Read 4654 times)
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 08:39:01 pm »

Her sires full littermate brother looked just like a glass eyed treeing walker, he would’ve been the sire to RBZ_offroads Diva gyp, I’ve always been convinced that there’s some walker in there that came from her grand sires side and background but after talking to Mr. Mackie Strong of north La a couple years ago at Uncle Earls he showed me pictures of some of the old Sam Mason stock and a lot of them were walker patterned coats, so there’s definitely some foxhound influence in today’s Catahoulas, and I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t some English dog bred into them because the man who developed her grandsires side used to run a pack of hounds years and years ago way beige he had cur dogs and would get fighting mad if somebody assumed his cur dogs had hound bred into them, either way it doesn’t have any impact on where I’m headed from here with them and what they are and reproduce...

Clue your description of the old foxhound days brought back a lot of memories, I can remember being a little boy and my daddy dragging me to a fox race every weekend and a lot of times if he ran during the week he would run in a pen and would always build me a fire in a wood heater in a tin sided makeshift camp and I went to sleep many many nights listening to a pack of walkers burning a coyote up, I was brought up literally around the last days of the free range running in our area...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: