April 29, 2024, 12:22:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deer July hound for hogs  (Read 4655 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2018, 06:18:04 am »

Goose I have a pup that looks Walker in his markings as well. He is Cat/Walker and the Walker is only 1/4. That being said, his daddy was marked exactly the same way and he was only 1/8 Walker. I usually get at least 1 pup in every litter if not more that have the hound markings or coloring. Some are Walker tri color some are white with red, lemon, or brindle patches and a lot of them tick out more and more the older they get. The Walker blood in mine was Lipper (treeing walker). I think the catahoula has something to add to the ticking as well. I'm betting your ticking is from her side and not the running dogs. One of my mentors always told me that the Catahoulas started out as two basic strains, a Louisiana strain and a Texas strain. One bred bulldog into theirs for more bite the other bred hound into them for nose. I absolutely  believe this. I have seen numerous papered cats that looked half to almost pure bulldog and I've also seen some papered dogs that looked like hounds in a merle wrapper. As said before, once it's in there...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: