March 28, 2024, 09:25:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pups  (Read 13280 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2019, 07:46:03 am »

Great looking pup Slim, how old is she? Looks a lot like a catahoula. I know your Kate gyp is a stock bred Cur, what all is is in the background of those dogs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now 6 months old. Sketch, which is the pups momma standing behind her is really just scatter bred, she comes down off a old line of dogs around the red river the called “Tator dogs” it was one male dog who was some sort of running hound cross the bred to 2 catahoula bitches and then just inbred the piss out of the dogs from there. She’s got a little bit of Mikes black dog blood in her as well. She is by no means “stock bred” on paper, but she grew up behind the Kate dog and the way I used her and started her, she will bay and circle with the best of them. 

The daddy to the pup is my uncles Levi dog, old line of stock bred leopard curs been in this area for 30+ years. Nobody can really say what they were 100% when they got to breeding them but they have been stock minded and big motor dogs as long as they’ve been around. Levi’s momma was a full littermate sister to My old Kate dogs daddy(or something like that)

When we say leopard dog it’s really more of a regional thing but at the same time, catahoulas to us are the excessive white dogs and sure enough spotted up block headed bulldog cross looking dogs. This line of “Leopard curs” is going to throw solid yellas, brindle, or what we call leopard which is kind of a broken brindle. A “spotted” dog, is really rare.

If you go all the way to the beginning of this thread I posted a good bit about all of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: