April 25, 2024, 12:14:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pups  (Read 13402 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2019, 10:35:58 am »

Bigo, his name was Jessie Jones. He was a cowboy for sure. I saw several of his dogs and several work. We actually had a couple. The one I remember best was a young dog when we got it. We named him Hoss. He worked a hog well bit never had a lot of hunt. He was a leggy well made dog and blue fawn in color. We caught one of the biggest if not the biggest hogs I've ever put hands on with him, my old Clyde dog and a green bulldog of my buddies. Clyde put up bay and Hoss went to him. When we walked up, they were on top at the head of a deep gulley. The hog was sitting and both dogs were backed up baying. When he saw us he stood to face us and both dogs hammed him and he sat right back down. We watched for a few minutes and he tried a couple more times with the same result. Don't think a sitting hog isn't still rough lol. He slapped that poor bulldog and flung him about a dozen times without ever standing. I'll never forget that hunt. Hoss, got his hip dislocated by a bad hog about a month later. It ruined him. My buddy had it fixed but he never had another drop of fire. He was about a year and a half old when that happened. Ole Jessie is a nice guy. I lived here in Rockdale. I honestly haven't seen him in a long time. I don't know if he's even still alive. I do remember when he was almost killed on a horse. He got hung up in the stirrup and his horse nearly drug him to death. He was really bad hurt. I'm gonna check on him and see what the status is. Do you remember what yella dogs he wound up with Bigo?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: