April 24, 2024, 01:49:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Almost time  (Read 1813 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2019, 06:47:17 am »

Goose, ol' Hondo was special. He had looks but he had brains too. He wasn't 2 yet when I was sitting in an open pasture with him. I let my buddy and my nephew go into the bay in a little set of woods. I knew the hogs would bust out of there when they sent the catch dog. Sure enough a stringer of hogs came across there. They were about 5 yards apart as they got close to us at about 60 or 70 yards. The last one was the biggest boar so I wanted him. I sent Hondo and naturally he took the angle on the lead hog. I called him off one by one until I thought he was looking at the big boar then let him go to it. He caught the hog right in front of the boar because it got scared and stopped for a second. As soon as the boar started to pass it, it took off again. So Hondo got to it first. It wasn't the hog I picked but it really wasn't Hondo's fault. Sure was fun to watch him handle so good. I loved that dog a bunch. He had the potential to be real close to Vegas.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: