April 27, 2024, 08:35:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jagds on runners  (Read 1495 times)
Northstar
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2019, 12:56:09 pm »

I've had mine stop a 100lbs hog with a bay dog by time we got to him he was locked down on the ass end an bay dog was just barking. I think was out about two miles or close to it, not sure if he got drugged the whole time. I think that I hunted him one more time after cause was getting hurt bad each time nearly dying everytime we went out but boy could he hunt. Also was very stubborn and would give a hard time when it came to going home he spent many nights there I would leave my shirt and have catch him the next day

I have a a few patterdales the reason I have not thought of even used them is they are too hard and would just get tossed around. I have had some bigger ones out of past litter but was wondering is a high 20’s would do much to slow a hog down. I know the 15s and high teens would not do any good for them or the hunt.
If a guy had a bay dog seems they would slow a chase down and play matador. I have culled wrong the whole time I guess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: