March 29, 2024, 02:53:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest Hunt  (Read 471 times)
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2019, 03:14:08 pm »

Had a good little hunt yesterday before the rain came in. Haven’t been getting too many pigs lately, just a few here and there. As some of y’all know I don’t have any finished dogs, so a lot of the time I get skunked. I still have fun watching the dogs get better every hunt and I love watching them work. I remember when they wouldn’t swim a 10ft wide creek. Now they’re swimming stretches of water that are over 100ft wide. They’re ranging out better and starting to stick tracks longer. It’s a good feeling to see them getting better.

Yesterday my black male Dum Dum went 674yds solo and caught a pig and held it for 5 minutes before any other dogs get there. It was the second pig for my puppy Punk, his niece. Then he relayed out 980yds but didn’t get that pig stopped before I got him pulled off due to the rain. Dum Dum is my favorite dog on the yard. His daddy is a long ranged, cold nosed Ladner BMC named Bo. Open on track and real loose. His momma is a proven RCD, game pit named Black Betty. There have been several litters from these two dogs and almost every puppy has made a dog. They all come out black, silent, and straight catch. Dum Dum is a shorter range dog. Usually doesn’t go past 250yds unless he’s on a good track. He’s silent, straight catch, and won’t back off a pig. My pack is basically a group of piranhas. They ate the face of the the pig down to the bone before I got there yesterday. Once he’s finished out he’s going to be the foundation of my breedings along with his sister who hunts pretty similarly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 05:49:02 pm »

That black dog is a pretty dude. One word of advise, collect! If you even think he's a staple in the future of your program have him collected. Good luck with them.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 08:44:22 pm »

Thanks! I want to throw him or his sister to a silent East Texas Black Mouth Cur that’s straight catch like they are, then start line breeding. I was just talking about looking into putting up some of his sperm also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: